ABC news channel

Technut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
San Antonio, Texas, USA
With anchor Peter Jennings at the helm, ABC News offers unprecendented gavel-to-gavel coverage of the 2004 political conventions across the ABC Television Network, on broadband, wireless and digital television channels, beginning Monday, July 26. In addition to comprehensive convention coverage from Boston and New York, you can watch ABC News Now's 24/7 news programming not only on your computer and cell phone, but for the first time on digital TV as well.click here for ABC link

Has anyone been able to scan there locals to see if they get this channel?

MR. C

I just came across it on T6 satellite FTA, seems there is something happening this week in Boston : ) All sorts of feeds from Boston, hope "ABC News Now" sticks around after the event.

New news channel

thats great i now have a reason for the new ota scanning software> i cant wait..lol(2 more weeks,lol) does it take away the quality of your other abc ch ?
I really enjoy listening to a forigner (peter jennings canadian) talk american politics.

Technut said:
does it take away the quality of your other abc ch ?
I really do not see any decrease in PQ, but the PQ on the ABC News Now Channel is not as good as the other station and this is the same on the 811 Dish Network STB.

What's it matter. Even if my local ABC is carrying it, I still can't scan and get it. I'm already not capable of getting the other PBS subchannels in my area. Why on Earth is VOOM dragging their feet on this thing still?

In response to my email to the local ABC station, this is what I get.. Welcome ABC to 14 MBPS... now I will never know what Monday Night Football at 19.5 mbps would have looked like.. $@#!@#!!!!

"We have reallocated some bandwidth to accommodate the new ABC news channel.
The allocation is in accordance with "best practices" from ABC and Lucent the supplier of our ATSC encoder. With that said we have around 14.5 mbs reserved for HD and 4 mbs for the SD channel. If we see problems we will make any changes needed. We have always been and will continue to be committed to the HD transition."

Big whoop! Our local digital ABC, who up until now, had a single dedicated OTA channel, now has a subchannel devoted to this drivel with the mind-boggling bitrate of 2.5 mbps! Wow, gotta watch it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts