NEWS FLASH: New Channels: LIFETIME Net, CMT, National Geographic,...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I know some are bitching SD this SD that, but this would probably be the news that pushes my sister to Voom and away from cable. I am personally very pleased to see CMT - I like the original stuff and I watch it so that when my friend that writes some of it calls and asks what I thought I can respond. I had been without it since I switched off the cable. Hopefully this means VOOM has a new life and is moving foward.

this is going to cover alot of topics.

I am another person who is requesting that fox sports west as the #1 channel to be added. I have been requesting this for ever. I will not leave Voom because of this, but I do enjoy watching the lakers play, and hate that I can't watch the games on fox sports. The whole reason i moved to voom was because they had TNTHD when it originally aired the Western Conference finals last year. Thank god the lakers suck this year.

PPV would be my #2. I don't need HD ppv, i don't care about the movies, I just want one ppv channel that has the live events like boxing, wrestling, etc. Being the x wrestling fan that i am, its going to suck to have to watch Wrestlemania at someone else's house on there little TV.

Its great that voom is adding channels, I just wish one actually mattered to me. Oh well, something is better then nothing.

"As for common HD content, everyone is getting the same channels available to them via the networks. Discovery, ESPN, TNT, HDNet, HDNet Movies, Showtime, HBO, and in some areas Cinemax, and Starz. Like I said, without VOOM's original looping channels they would just be an overpriced satellite television provider."

Now for the AxE Guy. That is a flat out lie. How can you say everyone is getting the same channels available to em? I went to voom back when TNT HD started, because it was one of my only options. Direct TV didn't, and STILL doesn't offer TNT HD. Dish Network may offer it, but it doesn't offer Unverisal HD. All the hdnet, inhd channels I really don't care about. I watched them on cable when i had comcast for a brief minute, and the content reminded me of the Voom exclusive channels, which i rarely watch (except for the occassionally good HD movie like Natural Born Killers, a Clock Work Orange, or the monsters HD channel, oh and tank, can't forget tank). Dishnet and Direct TV Only offer HBO and Showtime, and I believe only 1 HD channel of it (i could be wrong on that). Some cable offers the other pay channels, but not mine. Local channels mean nothing to me because i have a ota antenna, which gets all my locals perfectly. So what did it come down to? Regular HD cable channels. Even with those, nothing can compare to voom (well some cable subscribers, but i dont' know for sure since i'm stuck with adelphia). Voom has 2 HD Cinemax Channels, TDCHD, Encore E HD (not sure for how long), EPSN HD, 2 HD HBO Channels, 2 Showtime HD Channels, 2 HD Stars Channels, TMC HD, TNT HD, and Universal HD.

danielle_s said:
How long have you been a VOOM customer, and what were you told that convienced you to signup?

Um, I signed up when they had the free installation, 2 months free and no commitment promo. I think either August or September of 04. I signed up cuz they had a really good promo deal going on and I wanted to make use of my HDTV and only had like 13 cable channels and had to pay $10 a month for 4 of them.. I have had like 6 installers come out to my apartment to fix stuff and I can't even go into how stupid the installations INC company is. I had a problem with one of the installers and everytime something went wrong with my Voom, I would always request that he not come out but no matter what he would always call before hand to comfirm it. So I had to call up installs inc everytime to make sure he would not come out. VOOM's been very good at crediting me and keeping me happy through all their "growing pains" so I have been patient with the lack of soem of my fav channels. When I see them adding channels like the Military channel and BBC over top requested Fox Sports, I get worried that the company is having trouble getting FSW. Like I mentioned before, baseball is starting up in April and I don't know how much longer I can go without having Fox Sports West. I like being part of the future in VOOM but I can't afford BOTH VOOM and cable.

We all have our favorite channels, but enough is enough until more transponder space and/or MPEG-4 is available. Picture quality has taken a hit with implementation of the new encoders. Although the static image quality may have improved a little, the artifacts during scene changes and object movement are disconcerting to say the least. I hate to say it, but cable HD has better quality than Voom right now, although it may degrade too as they add more HD channels. I guess we can have either quantity or quality - bit not both at the same time.

techweb said:
We all have our favorite channels, but enough is enough until more transponder space and/or MPEG-4 is available. Picture quality has taken a hit with implementation of the new encoders. Although the static image quality may have improved a little, the artifacts during scene changes and object movement are disconcerting to say the least. I hate to say it, but cable HD has better quality than Voom right now, although it may degrade too as they add more HD channels. I guess we can have either quantity or quality - bit not both at the same time.

I understand this so why not just add channels people want instead of adding lame channels no one cares about?

freezetime said:
I understand this so why not just add channels people want instead of adding lame channels no one cares about?

Uhm, maybe because people actually care about stuff like BBC, etc.... :D I actually rarely watch anything but the Voom exclusives.

I, and many others, don't care for sports at all, but if Voom added Fox Sports, I would understand that others care about it. I just don't want PQ to suffer for it.

Baseball and Fox Sports

Well .. decision time coming with for me too, no fox sports southwest, no Astros, no channel 51 on the DMA .. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh .. i do love Voom!! :eek:

You know, I wasnt too excited about these new channels... but last night, I was surfing and found that CMT play Dukes of Hazzard at 7pm and 11pm. :) Sweet!

-John

aspanjer said:
Well .. decision time coming with for me too, no fox sports southwest, no Astros, no channel 51 on the DMA .. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh .. i do love Voom!! :eek:

Hey i'm in the same boat. I'm in San Antonio and i'm not too thrilled missing most of the Spurs games. I'm tired of FSFL....I don't want a florida sports channel. I want my FSW. Iam going to get them soon because i have to let Voom go anyways and go back to TWC. My trees are starting to bloom and i'm losing my signals on quite a few channels. It's hard when you live in an apartment because your options are limited. But at least i only had a dollar install and gave it my best shot to get satellite. I'm trying to think positive about the switch so iam thinking about seeing my HDnet, INHD and NBA channels....It was nice while it lasted being in HD heaven :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts