Breaking News: Flash From Voom Website: VOOM ceasing Operation by end of March

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Amphicar770 said:
I agree that VOOM should send something to its customers. Of course they may already be doing so by US Mail so it will be a day or so before any of us sees anything.

Yes, the latest events will do damage to VOOM which makes it more difficult for Charles to salvage the operation is he is still intent on doing so. At the same time, only a small percentage of people follow these boards or even the new about CVC. If VOOM somehow survives, most potential new subs will have no idea what has transpired.

Well if I was in the market to get satellite service for the first time I would probably do a google about the company before I signed up. If you do a google search on "Voom" the top hit will be about how Cablevision is shutting down Voom. There are other hits that reference the current problems. If Voom continues, how long will it take for these negatives to move down in the search engine listings? I think that Voom's reputation has taken a hit and it seems they will be dependent upon ignorant, new subscribers to continue. If they magically get it together, Voom might survive.
And that is a big "might" because if I were just now looking to get a hd service or even in a couple of months from now and I found out about what was happening with Voom, there is no way I would get involved with it.

Voom was on a roll with new subs coming in, and more and more people buying HD sets from Christmas

If the rumor is true, and they are going private they better do it quick, setup a new web site etc. or they will lose the momentum which will be the end

elocs said:
Although it would be nice to know what is actually happening,

the voom website is the summary that most people will get. Even if voom manages to pull a rabbit out of its hat, the message on their website will discourage 99% of potential new subs. Most will probably see the website and go sub with cable or someone else and not even check back.

I called this morning and upgraded to VA VA package.
My friend called this morning and got scheduled for his OTA upgrade, and he upgraded his service to the VA VA package at the same time. He's scheduled for next Monday...

Lob :)

Vicki said:
bryan27, I always HAVE liked the way you think! :D Vicki...forcing a smile through the tears....

There will be some consolation over at http://www.jimdolansucks.com ;)

x_rayrob28 said:
342 Sunshine Sports is a part of the Voom and VaVaVoom package, you should have been getting this all along.
You should check out 261 and 262.

261 has been like that since Jan.21st and 262 since 3 days ago.

This is just my opinion, but at this point VOOM has become damaged goods. James want's to make sure it is so damaged that it will never recover so that daddy gets something worthless.

Daddy needs to forget the VOOM name. Change VOOM LLC's name and start something entierly new. Perhaps he could use the original name of the service "HD Select." I always like that name. Anyway use the same receivers with different branding, invite all the VOOM subs to the new service with a free repoint (dish install) and 2 months of free service.

Yes, daddy will have to start from scratch, make new negotiations with the channels, find an old uplink location (there are plenty of those around) etc... But he will get his just revenge for us lonely subs when he sells his CVC stock and James gets the boot.

James is in just as much of a fight for his life as Chuck is...and taking an assett that HAS value and intentionally DECREASING that value is an interesting negotiating tactic on his part. Keep in mind that this was just a change on a website...no change in operations.

Repeat after me.
That was a change on the website, not a change in operations.

My antenna is being upgraded next week. A friend called this morning, they're doing his on Monday, would have done it Saturday if he was available.
I upgraded to VaVaVoom this morning.

These are all things that point to ongoing negotiations. They may work, they may not, but if it were absolutely a "done deal", then they would have already laid off %75 of the CSRs and when you called, the first thing you would get is a recording stating that no new orders were being taken, no repair orders were being taken, and that the service would be terminating, and the notice is in the mail.

Lob

My scheduled date of installation is 14 March. I was going to move it to later in the month as I won't be done with remodeling. We will see, but If I get hooked up, I'll be with VOOM until the last minutes ... GO VOOM! or whatever you name will be! :)

Lobstah said:
James is in just as much of a fight for his life as Chuck is...and taking an assett that HAS value and intentionally DECREASING that value is an interesting negotiating tactic on his part. Keep in mind that this was just a change on a website...no change in operations.

Repeat after me.
That was a change on the website, not a change in operations.

My antenna is being upgraded next week. A friend called this morning, they're doing his on Monday, would have done it Saturday if he was available.
I upgraded to VaVaVoom this morning.

These are all things that point to ongoing negotiations. They may work, they may not, but if it were absolutely a "done deal", then they would have already laid off %75 of the CSRs and when you called, the first thing you would get is a recording stating that no new orders were being taken, no repair orders were being taken, and that the service would be terminating, and the notice is in the mail.

Lob
Excellent Post : " transition period of a minimum of 30 days" Think about It, the word " Transition " , Most companies just walk in and Shut Down then and there.

Voom is back and communicating. http://www.voomllc.com/

Sean, can you redirect the links when given permission to do so? I realize CVC paid for the add space but put another link at the top of the page.

Just got confirmation on install from the dealer that will be installing for my friend and I. The word that he received is that E* has bought VOOM and was informed to continue biz as usual.

Roeoweasel said:
Just got confirmation on install from the dealer that will be installing for my friend and I. The word that he received is that E* has bought VOOM and was informed to continue biz as usual.

WHAT? DISH? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Indy said:
Voom is back and communicating. http://www.voomllc.com/
It would be nice to see proof that Voom HD LLC is behind that site.
Indy said:
Sean, can you redirect the links when given permission to do so? I realize CVC paid for the add space but put another link at the top of the page.
At your own risk, of course.

Domains are cheap, and sticking a /voom/ on a company server for a framed page is easy. I'd wait for confirmation of some sort that the domain is real and not a fan site.

JL

We will know soon whether is real or not. The ad agency will have to re-direct the ads there and will have to let us know.

voom.com is not back. As for whoever said "Keep in mind that this was just a change on a website...no change in operations."

If the company's website is telling all prospective customers to go away, and all current customers to also go away, that looks like a pretty big change in operations to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts