ABC News One

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jntcm

Original poster
Apr 5, 2014
USA
Lyngsat claims ABC News One is a free feed on Galaxy 17.
Before I fall off the roof twice trying to mount a dish, can anyone confirm that it does come in for free and it is of some use?

Thanks!

Well, what you say is true. If you like watching the news it probably will be interesting to you. There are actually a couple feeds there usually with different content.

It does come in free, I wouldn't call it a news channel as it shows various feeds.
With a blind scanning receiver you will find a few occasional feeds on the same satellite.

To clarify and reiterate what others have said, you will not see a packaged, 24-hours news program. Many times, you'll just see a blue screen with the words "ABC News One" and the frequency listed. There's also a secondary channel with a red screen. They may show anything, from ABC affiliates getting ready to broadcast, to pre-packaged news clips from affiliate stations, to an on the scene action shot with no words, to just a helicopter flying over a city. To me, it could be worth it. Plus, if you do a random blindscan, 80% of the time you will find lots and lots of news, sports, and entertainment "wildfeeds" that come and go, some lasting a few minutes, others several hours, on 91W.

Another thing they frequently provide: "video wallpaper". Among other things: The Dow - complete with live chart; and fixed-camera views of the White House, Capitol Hill, the New York skyline, etc. They had Sochi's main Olympics arena complex onscreen for the length of the Winter Olympics when nothnig else was going on. You never know what you're going to get.

Lyngsat claims ABC News One is a free feed on Galaxy 17.
Before I fall off the roof twice trying to mount a dish, can anyone confirm that it does come in for free and it is of some use?

Thanks!

Maybe you can mount your dish in your yard, or somewhere other than on the roof? I have mine all down low where I can reach them from the ground, much easier to play around with that way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts