ABC Sports High Def (Lack of)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpa25

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
No HD for college football on ABC? Two huge games this week, Michigan vs. Notre Dame, and Prime Time 8pm OSU vs Texas. No High Def for either according to the listings. Is ABC working on something, or just dropping the ball? Their counterpart ESPN is carrying nobody matchups in HD.

Last nights Miami-FSU game was in HD and it looked great. TitanTV did not indicate that this game was in HD, but it was. I think they are getting better, but there is still a lack of HD production trucks.

Tonedeaf thanks for the link. That made my day. I checked abcsports.com and tvguide.com.

Last nights game did look great...its hard to watch SD these days.

Yes FSU vs Miami looked great, it's a shame this game is not scheduled for the end of the season, Neither teams Quarterback looked like they would be able to do anything.

I guess Defense will have to win games for these schools for a while.

Jimbo

Game will not be in HD. The ABC College Football game Saturday Night
Texas @ Ohio State will not be in HD. Contrary to what the ABC website says! Damn!!

Flying --- where are you getting that info? Not good.

I'm sure that what it is is what it is....takes an awful lot of money and equipment so nothing will change at this point. Would have thought though with a Natipnal audience, prime time Sat night 2 vs 4....heck...what are they waiting for?

True, I don't expect they'll pull together HD for this game. I did email them to politely express my disappointment. Perhaps they will take it into consideration for future games. Most likely it'll just go to email oblivion.

Boondockbill said:
I get zero ABC HD. Local doesn't have it and they won't grant an HD waiver.

here too, i'm boycotting that shady channel here in Denver... they have an HD signal, but i can't pull it in with my $200 antenna that i have mounted outside -- they say I'm in range, but why can't i even pull in their analog channel then?! ridiculous that they won't give me a waiver.

If you have a $200 antenna (not that price determines the specs or quality) that can't even receiver their SD channel (let alone the HD) then request a signal grade test and if you are proven correct, they must pay for the test and should fork over the waivers.

In other words, continue to bash and boycott them all you want, but TAKE ACTION and get the channels you deserve per the processes laid out to end users/viewers. Not doing anything on your part is even worse than their illegal denials.

Experts chime in: isn't this still the case?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts