about broadband vs phone line

I don't know if they check the IP address or not, but im sure it would not be hard to check if someone wanted to find out.
to track an IP this is what dish would need to do
First: get your IP from their system yes they will have it.
second: locate where that ISP is hosting the address then contact the ISP and ask who does that IP address belongs to in their database
third audit you.

It would be dumb for dish to follow IP addresses due to one being able to proxy through a tunnel
In non geek language this means that if you use a proxy hosted near you,no matter what internet connection you use it will appear as if you were accessing the internet from the same location always.neither dish or your ISP will know what you are doing.

I don't know if they check the IP address or not, but im sure it would not be hard to check if someone wanted to find out.
7=

Actually, most home internet accounts only have one outside IP address. Multiple devices are usually supported inside your home network by the router which manages the one outside address and multiple inside addresses.

If multiple receivers have multiple IP addresses, you could assume that most likely they are coming in from two different internet connections. It wouldn't take a huge leap to suspect that's from being in two different places. L(

routers assign local adresses for the local network ex, 192.168 in most cases
there is still one IP address behind the scenes which is your true one
on most network programs you may find your PC as 192.168etc
if you go on every computer on your network(connected to the same router) to whatismyipaddress.com you will same the same IP address on every computer along with the same DNS server(s)

every website is an IP address,you just type words so people dont have to deal with learning numbers for every site they visit often.
to prove this for windows users;
go to start
click on run
type cmd followed by enter
type "ping www.google.com" without the quotes
you will see a number in this format[000.000.000]

so if you wish to look on how valid this method is, replace www.google.com with any website, you are likely to get a different number.

I think I'm pretty sure of the answer from reading this thread but since this discussion is for "audit help" I thought I'd confirm:

I don't move around, I live in one house and have a 622 and 211. Both have been connected to the same phone line for three years, no problem. I just put a broadband connection by the 622 and hooked it up. Can I just disconnect the phone line from the 622 and have Dish automatically pick up the fact that I'm connected via Ethernet (I've checked and the network menu screen confirms my connection)? I'm inferring from the above that Dish won't care if one receiver (the 211) is connected via phone and the other via network.

Thanks.

What about some kind of WiFi adapter for the receivers? My brother lives next door to me. He has Directv and I have Dish. I get my internet at my house wifi off of his router. Would this work for the VIP722k and VIP222? Or would that be a big no no? If itk, what kind of adapters would I need to plug into my Dish receivers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)