? about Dirctech and TruFocus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnson636

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
First off, I currently work as a Traffic Control Technician for a city in louisiana. I'm unhappy with pay and I'm thinking of giving installing satellite systems a shot. After graduating from electronics school, I never seriously considered this type of work. You know, being subjected to all types of weather, digging trenches, laying conduit, pulling and replacing wire, etc. Well since thats what I'm currently doing now, I said what the heck.

Both TruFocus' and Directech's ad sounds great!! $700-$1200. This sounds like pay per job, so I was wondering if anyone who works for either of the companies mentioned or has in the past, can elaborate on the validity of these pay rates? Also; Hours per day and/or week? Amount paid for particular jobs? How the jobs are assigned to the techs? How consistant is job availability?

Currently I work 40hrs weekly with minimal overtimeand weekends off. I don't mind reasonable overtime, but 20-30hrs overtime is out of the question for me. Money is not the sole factor, but it is good to be paid for ones worth:up

NOT the best choice you could make,but go for it if you think it is what you want. Remember to compare fringe benefits and especially the cost of your gas.

Could you please elaborate a little more as to why you believe they are not good choices?

So on an average, about how long does it take to install a typical one room setup?

So on an average, about how long does it take to install a typical one room setup?

Sorry, I can't help you with that one as thats not what I do.
I work in the telephone repair field, I will mention that EVERY job is different , so you cannot just say it's going to be x amount of hour, however I am sure with their numbers they have an idea about how long they take on average.

You might find better luck in the Installers forum :)

Jimbo

The installer zone appears to have a strict rule that one must be an installer. Well I'm not an installer; I'm acquiring information about being an installer. Could an admin or mod grant me permission giving my situation?

The installer zone appears to have a strict rule that one must be an installer. Well I'm not an installer; I'm acquiring information about being an installer. Could an admin or mod grant me permission giving my situation?

You can try PM'ing a mod or Scott.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)