about hd locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gulfbreeze

Original poster
Apr 16, 2006
Are the HD locals in mpeg4 in full HD with a good bitrate or are they crappy hdlite too?
Just wondering. I have an hd receiver and I was wondering what to expect when hd locals come to my area.

You'll probably find the same issues associated with 'hdlite' and nationals, to be present with the locals.

Keep in mind, local feeds differ from station to station, and quality acceptance and expectations differ from person to person.

directvfreak said:
In columbus, I thing were getting full HD resolution. There is no difference between antenna and sat.

I am not doubting you, but I would like to expand/correct my data on this. So please take the following in the spirit in which it was meant, a desire to learn. :)

You are getting full bit rates and resolution on your locals as sent by the station feeds?

Is there a site you can share which shows the numbers relating to this specific topic of HD locals, or are you measuring it with data logging tools of somekind?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)