About Hurricanes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

98Civic

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Greenville, NC
Hi ya'll i'm back with another question. As some of you might remember, I have been a Directv customer since February of this year. Anyways, with me living in Eastern North Carolina and being that it looks like Hurricane Irene could be coming my way. My question is, if the hurricane does any damage and knocks out/damages my dish any....since I don't have the warranty/service call thing, if my dish does get knocked out or damaged and I have to call Directv to come and replace or realign the dish, will I be charged a service call? Or since it was a hurricane and a natural disaster which we have no control over, I won't be charged? Thanks!

PP verbage kind of leaves situations like natural disasters to D*'s discretion........was told today by D* CSR that those customers who suffered damage to their systems during that bad bout of tornadoes in Alabama were well taken care of regardless of whether they had the PP or not. Accts were suspended until homes were again livable....service calls scheduled when appropriate.....customers credited cost of service call. Basically they did the right thing.

Hi ya'll i'm back with another question. As some of you might remember, I have been a Directv customer since February of this year. Anyways, with me living in Eastern North Carolina and being that it looks like Hurricane Irene could be coming my way. My question is, if the hurricane does any damage and knocks out/damages my dish any....since I don't have the warranty/service call thing, if my dish does get knocked out or damaged and I have to call Directv to come and replace or realign the dish, will I be charged a service call? Or since it was a hurricane and a natural disaster which we have no control over, I won't be charged? Thanks!

If your unsure, turn the PP on and keep it for a month or two !

There is a 30 day waiting period before coverage is in effect. Lessens the chance of folks having a receiver fail, signing up and calling a week later wanting it replaced free.

you could do what i do in situations like this. mark with a sharpie or other permanent marker the position your dish is in and remove it for the storm. just leave the pole out there. first unscrew the lnb, remove the coax cables then loosen the bolts where the dish mounts at the arm or pole, whatever you wanna call it :D and slide out the dish. but remember to mark the position the dish is in first.......

rey_1178 said:
you could do what i do in situations like this. mark with a sharpie or other permanent marker the position your dish is in and remove it for the storm. just leave the pole out there. first unscrew the lnb, remove the coax cables then loosen the bolts where the dish mounts at the arm or pole, whatever you wanna call it :D and slide out the dish. but remember to mark the position the dish is in first.......

Or how about just take the 4 bolts out of the reflector and take it down, thi way everything else is still pointed correctly

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Removing the four bolts and taking the reflector off is the recommended procedure in the Virgin Islands. Just keep the bolts greased to slow down the rusting and make the removal quick and easy.

Or how about just take the 4 bolts out of the reflector and take it down, thi way everything else is still pointed correctly

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Removing the four bolts and taking the reflector off is the recommended procedure in the Virgin Islands. Just keep the bolts greased to slow down the rusting and make the removal quick and easy.
like that even better.

Hi ya'll, well Hurricane Irene passed Eastern North Carolina. I just wanted to say that it was weird because with wind gusts of 40+ winds and heavy rain in my area, I still had signal and was able to watch the NFL preseason game lastnight on The NFL Network. But my local channels were the only channels searching for signal while my other channels seemed to be fine. Does anyone know why that my local channels were searching for signal but the other channels seemed fine? I was just curious. I'm not complaining because atleast I was able to watch Directv minus my local channels during the hurricane! So it's all good! :)

Hi ya'll, well Hurricane Irene passed Eastern North Carolina. I just wanted to say that it was weird because with wind gusts of 40+ winds and heavy rain in my area, I still had signal and was able to watch the NFL preseason game lastnight on The NFL Network. But my local channels were the only channels searching for signal while my other channels seemed to be fine. Does anyone know why that my local channels were searching for signal but the other channels seemed fine? I was just curious. I'm not complaining because atleast I was able to watch Directv minus my local channels during the hurricane! So it's all good! :)

Were your locals still up and running on all systems ?
IF the stations were down, that would answer that as the rest are not feed locally.

Just a thought.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)