? about Kbox K2 Panther

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
I just bought a Brand new KBox K2 Black Panther
a women on Ebay just put it up with a Best offer so I offered her $80 and she accepted it, Its listed as new never opened, but it looks she doesnt sell much FTA equipment , so she couldnt answer any questions accept its new never opened

Does anyone know anything about these receivers as I have many FTA equipment and was looking for one that is DVB S2 compliant since I dont have one and for the best price and have been looking to buy one for months, I felt I could not pass this up, but again dont know anything about the KBox receivers, also i see they sell 8psk modules for this for under $60 dont know much about this as is there any FTA channels this would be useful withh
Thanks

The first (?) model was just another familiar unit, rebranded.
Think it was a Visionsat IV-200, but won't swear to it.
The later model may have done more.
One thing you can be sure, they were all sold into the hack market.
So, I'd think any 8psk module would be Turbo, for DishNet.

If it's a sleeping beauty, ya fooled me. ;)

Just another hackbox. DVB-S /S2, MPEG-2 / 4 AVC/H.264. Lost their ability to perform theft of services, so they are dirt cheap. From what I understand, contrary to the specs. it does not Blind Scan, so you will need to manually enter the transponder information.

The additional 8PSK module was designed for theft of service channels and their is no reason to purchase.

Well, would that put it about equal in capability to the Coolsat 8000/8100?
I think it'll do roughly the same thing.
So, does that get ya PBS HD and maybe NASA HD?

Since it's probably no longer supported in any form, ya pretty much get what ya got.
So, if it has any sort of problem with motors, LNBs/switches, scanning or any other feature... you're done.
It's an orphan.

it was made for hacking purposes....and like most hacker boxes it is a very poor fta receiver because it really was not produced for real fta in mind....no dvb-s2 or blind scan....but for the price you paid i guess it would be okay for playing around with.....

Just researching this receiver it does have a Blind scan and they are called the K2 extreme panther selling online for $329
doesnt look like it was made as a Hack receiver but does have IKS serial dongle for key sharing so not sure it is a HD receiver which seems to be a Turbo Charged Prodigy?
Looks like a Nice receiver at least for what I paid for it
Looks like there is support thru their web site

kbox was definitely a hackers receiver....they originally had the kbox pridigy which was SD and very popular in the pirate world....they were shut down just after they released the HD unit that you purchased.... i know that for a fact....i know the exact store and location they operated their "services" from....needless to say it was shut down and no longer exists....if the receiver does blind scan then that is a bonus and it is definitely worth the price you paid for it....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts