About projector fixed screen

BK94541

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
San Francisco
I have a question about fix screen I want to buy for projector,AP-AE4000Uby end of this month.
I want to buy the 135”fix screen
So how can I get 2:35.1 out of that screen size if says it 16 by 9 most of the screen to purchase..
But I want to try that mode all the time fill the whole my 135" screen....kinda of confuse ,what screen should buy for that mode? Someone know?

There are two size screens 16:9 or 2.4:1. With a 16:9 screen you will have black bars on the top and bottom with movies that are 2.35:1. With a 2.4 screen you will have black bars on the sides with 16:9 material. Remember that TV is 16:9 as are many movies. As Don said, you can use masking. Also remember, I do not think the Panasonic accepts an anamorphic lens anyways so you will need a 16:9 screen.

S~

Last edited:
Thanks teachac
Go to AVSFORUMS.TV
Have a real good VID with detailed about pana4000U
Says it also about the formats of 16by9 and 2:35.1 lens and screen test .. and that VID real good & tempted me to buy this projector!

If you have a 16:9 screen you will get the black bars top and bottom of the image when viewing 2.35:1 material. It all depends on your wall space. If you are limited horizontally, 16:9 is the way to go. If you are limited vertically, and you have a projector that can do 2.35:1 than that is the way to go for the largest pictures (you will have side bars on 16:9).

Of course you can go with a screen that has side panels (or bottom ones) that open and close as needed if you want to pay the $$.

I have 2 16:9 screens since in both cases I was limited horizontally.

I saw a demo of Black Diamond screen on you tube and it looked awesome. Is there a screen out there that absorbs light like the Black Diamond without absorbing my wallet?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1C4S2W4TRM"]YouTube- SI Projection Screens, Screen Innovations Black Diamond Projector Screen[/ame]

About projactor fixed screen

This is my first time buying a projector and decided buy the new Panasonic 4000U
Now I want to know what is the good 1080p screen quality and brand out there to buy.
Anyone knows & experienced with the screen quality and brand let me know what is the best out there

I posted this in the other thread. If you have the $ this one looks really good. Are there any screens out there that are not as light reflective than others at a lower price?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1C4S2W4TRM]YouTube - SI Projection Screens, Screen Innovations Black Diamond Projector Screen[/ame]

I use Stewart Screens in my home and installations. You can get pretty much whatever you want from 16:9 screens to 2.4 screens with variable masking. A little more, but about the best out there for residential installations.

WELCOME TO STEWART FILMSCREEN

S~

Tigerfan33
I love this blk diamond but goes over the screen… NOT screen itself ,and is very pricey to buy screen and put this on top
Existing screen u already bought! is like double dip…if it was just screen itself might I think about it.

Tigerfan33
I love this blk diamond but goes over the screen… not screen itself and is very pricey to buy screen and put this on top of it is like double dip…if it was just screen itself might I think about it, not a like a window covering

Not quite. They use a retractable screen for dramatics. But you're still looking at 2600 for a 100" 16:9 screen. Stewart Firehawk runs 1600 for a 100" screen.

S~

Not quite. They use a retractable screen for dramatics. But you're still looking at 2600 for a 100" 16:9 screen. Stewart Firehawk runs 1600 for a 100" screen.

S~

Does the Firehawk screen absorb light similar to the Black Diamond?

One thing to remember with a FP in a room besides lighting control is room treatment. That will make as much of a difference as a screen. White is not good in a FP HT setup. Light reflects off of the screen and onto the walls and back onto the screen. A dark color (flat paint) is best. My HT room is burgundy. I would take care of all of that before doing the setup.

S~

Does the Firehawk screen absorb light similar to the Black Diamond?

There are different gains depending on the lighting. In a completely lit room Black Diamond is nice. Not really necessary in a controlled lighting situation. Proper room treatment can take care of the rest.

S~

I have a budget around $1100 for screen my idea size is 135” fixed farme for 16 by 9 or 2:35.1
What is the best quality out there for rthat price I’m looking for elite screens..comes with

Elite ezFrame Acoustic Series Projection Screens and Elite ezFrame Series Projection Screens

For my 1080P projector. any better quality screen for price I am looking for?

Thanks for help

There are different gains depending on the lighting. In a completely lit room Black Diamond is nice. Not really necessary in a controlled lighting situation. Proper room treatment can take care of the rest.

S~

I was more concened (or should I be?) with relfection off of the screen onto the ceilings and walls. My walls are badge with white celings. The plus side is that I can control the light in the room. Total darkness if need be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)