? about SONY 65" TV

BK94541

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
San Francisco
I 'm trying to get real large screen 65 or 70 inches SONY , to replace my bulky heavy SONY 65”… remember those huge big cabinet projection TVs? …
Anyway LOVES Sony TVS so I cant forth it to get that 70” one for $20 grand now step
Down to the 65” just came out .Now I can get it under $4 grand..
My question is all over internet reviews says it, that TV is not true 65”.. is 61 inch and I cant find any store to carry that in display so I go there and meager it .wondering any of U know about this TV or see one in store or have one at your home to give me some info before I drop my hard earn money
Thanks.

Why don't you spend your budget on a Home Theater projector and watch a true big screen, say 120" instead of 65"? Sony has a few excellent models in the $3K to $5K range that will really give you what you are looking for.

True, there are several excellent models in that price range from other companies - since OP preferred Sony, I was trying to use that to get him to consider front projection.

:)

Honestly, there's no talking to this guy. We've been down this road many times before. I'm surprised I even responded in this thread. He doesn't even have the facts correct about the size. It measures 64.5" diagonally. There's way better 65" TV's out there. I'm actually surprised seeing EE advertising it under 4K being an authorized dealer. Definite no-no w/Sony.

S~

After little research I think I going to get Sony VPL-HW15 around $3 grand
I just put the unit down my basement and watch blu-ray or good movies in HBO or something like that in this projector. I want to order 120”screen size to goes with it too..
Only thing is kind of down for me..if is connected to ceiling is hard connect it to surround sound and HD boxes and so on, have to find a deferent way or set up on the table if I could ,if is not interrupt the shooting pic on screen that way ..
Anyway Thanks for the idea u gave me, and defiantly I go with that, Getting huge size 120” instead the 65” screen
I just never had experience with projector unit before, this would me my first. Just hope works out for me

Thanks 8bit :)

It's not hard to connect it to surround sound with a ceiling mount. All devices will run into your receiver which can be placed anywhere, then run your HDMI cable out to the projector.

S~

BK

Before buying, might I suggest doing a little research on projectors. While I'm sure you will be happy with the Sony 15, there are better projectors with more features out there for less money. The Panasonic 4000, is one of the highest rated projectors and it will save you money. It will work especially well in a basement setup.

Shoot-out: 1080p Home Theater Projectors

S~

After little research I think I going to get Sony VPL-HW15 around $3 grand
I just put the unit down my basement and watch blu-ray or good movies in HBO or something like that in this projector. I want to order 120”screen size to goes with it too..
Only thing is kind of down for me..if is connected to ceiling is hard connect it to surround sound and HD boxes and so on, have to find a deferent way or set up on the table if I could ,if is not interrupt the shooting pic on screen that way ..
Anyway Thanks for the idea u gave me, and defiantly I go with that, Getting huge size 120” instead the 65” screen
I just never had experience with projector unit before, this would me my first. Just hope works out for me

Thanks 8bit :)

Don't tell anyone I said this but run on over to AVSForum.com and start studying the Projector forums. LOT's of good info there to help you get educated.

;)

Thanks guys :)
I'm looking at that Panasonic 4000 too, looks like a lots good reviews about the unit and dose have powered zoom, Sony w15 don’t have and pana dose have better ratio and more black level, likes Panasonic products too have experienced years ago..Then still researching till end of this month to get the best & prices would be much better too :)

progress.gif

8bit if u was in my shows which one u would prefer to buy sw15 or pana4000u?
i stuck between these 2 :(
i just wanna buy the best

8bit if u was in my shows which one u would prefer to buy sw15 or pana4000u?
i stuck between these 2 :(
i just wanna buy the best

If it was me, I'd pick the Panny...

You will have > $1K to spend on other things you might want like a better screen and a better sub.

I seriously doubt you will be disappointed.

Ok then thanks for help 8bit. I tho about pana4000u same thing too , have more ratio as 100.000.1 and more brighter just wish I could compare these 2 in some store side by side.... but is hard to find..
But as u says pana4000 better choice I just have around $4000 for projector anyway!

Ok then thanks for help 8bit. I tho about pana4000u same thing too , have more ratio as 100.000.1 and more brighter just wish I could compare these 2 in some store side by side.... but is hard to find..
But as u says pana4000 better choice I just have around $4000 for projector anyway!

All the marketing numbers are out the window when you set your PJ up in your home - most people don't have a perfect light trap theater room to be able to detect the subtle differences between most of these PJs so you will be fine and I think you are going to really enjoy a HUGE screen.

Take a look at this lamp warranty which gives you up to two replacement lamps for < $100 if you are concerned with lamp failure. I have had my PJ for three years now and I'm still on the same lamp.

MACK WARRANTY - BULB ONLY

Come on back when you get setup and tell us about your experience!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts