about tek2000.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What are you going to do with an 8 ft pole, on an 8 ft dish? Once you bury it 4 ft in the ground, there's not enough left sticking out to mount your dish and ever let it move without hitting the ground.

You need at least 6 ft sticking out of the ground, minimum, or you'll have to pour a slab with a stub, and attach the pole to that.
Well really he's in Florida so 8' pole is probably plenty.Doesn't have to be as deep,no frost,just needs enough weight,wind.The polar mount will add about a foot and the sats will be at a higher elevation than for those of us in NY or Mich.

Reactions: sgs
Well really he's in Florida so 8' pole is probably plenty.Doesn't have to be as deep,no frost,just needs enough weight,wind.The polar mount will add about a foot and the sats will be at a higher elevation than for those of us in NY or Mich.

It doesn't matter as much about the frost line in Florida and depth of the pole, I agree. What matters most in this case is WIND LOAD, and I bet Florida gets plenty of that. 8Ft of pole, stuck 2 feet into the ground will NEVER be strong enough to keep a 8 ft dish upright after some heavy 75-90mph straight-line winds that put 500lbs of pressure right where it'll cause the most damage... Well, maybe a Schedule 80 pole, with 1,500 pounds of cement would do it. But I'm betting a pole such as they are shipping to him probably isn't even Schedule 40. Also, most people really would prefer to have the rim of the dish higher than a foot or so off the ground, when said dish is at the lowest point of aim.

Anyway, he's answered in that he's going to do the slab method, and that can work fine if done right.

I recently bought a actuator from satellites-gallore I believe they are the same people as tek2000.com I just felt safer using paypal though eBay. The actuator arrived a few days after ordering it But it came by Purolator instead of Fedex so the tracking number never showed the tracking on eBay or fedex if I would have known that I would have gone to Purolators site and been home when it arrived. The Actuator arrived and in good shape. It has a Cover I call the Snake. I did not put it on my dish because it will probably just jam the actuator when I move the dish to 127 west Galaxy 13 or get pulled off when I move my dish to 55w Intelsat 805

I featured my actuator in a youtube video about c band satellite dishes!

Hopefully The Actuator can work for Decades to come without any problems and will work in the brutal cold Canadian winters where all I can do is stay inside 6 months of the year out of the cold and watch tv. :)

Reactions: norman881 and sgs
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts