Absolutely Excited! Back on 95W!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheHamNerd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 15, 2014
Yukon, Oklahoma
I am excited...I played around on 113W for a while, but lost interest in the Reuters feed on that bird. Plus I didn't really tune that bird in that well as I was just trying to see what was on it. I have always missed CCTV news on 95W and the Documentary channel on that bird. I know its just 2 channels but I like those 2 programs. I am slowly trying to get my dishes off the roof and in the ground. I still haven't done this yet... I have 2 on roof and one in box new, all 3 are 90cm GeoSatPro dishes for KU. I love the news on 97W and 95W! I am a news junkie....Just rambling on here, but it is great to be back on 95W! LOL :bow

:happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance:hail :hail :hail HAIL FTA!!!!

Hadn´t read your reports in a while, good to read you are parked back again on CCTV with that fixed dish.
I also have a dedicated dish for that sat, since I like international news.
I watch CCTV News and Doc, and sometimes the ones in Spanish and French, and sometimes I even tune on CCTV 4 when I can´t understand a thing but that´s me I sometimes will tune in a foreign channel not understanding anything but that´s something I find entertaining. :popcorn

Reactions: TheHamNerd
Hadn´t read your reports in a while, good to read you are parked back again on CCTV with that fixed dish.
I also have a dedicated dish for that sat, since I like international news.
I watch CCTV News and Doc, and sometimes the ones in Spanish and French, and sometimes I even tune on CCTV 4 when I can´t understand a thing but that´s me I sometimes will tune in a foreign channel not understanding anything but that´s something I find entertaining. :popcorn

OUTSTANDING!!! I took a break from messing with the dishes. I need to get my 3rd dish planted and slowly relocate the dishes off the roof...I been talking about it for a while. I am procrastinating on digging a trench for some conduit underground...as we all know this is not fun. I have put funds on hold, as I am trying to get my ham radio tower up. That has taken focus and FTA has been on cruise control for now.

I went to Pasadena, TX for work, and the hotel I was staying in had CCTV that was picked up somehow by a provider through OTA which is strange to me to find CCTV on hotel programming. This is what brought me back to CCTV once I realized how much I missed it! I was playing with 113W and lost interest in that bird, and never made it back to the roof since I had another on 97W.

You know me...a fellow news junkie from a different point of view!

I find myself wanting to visit China and their culture! CCTV (95W) was the first bird I found on FTA by accident looking for 97W with a cheap $30 meter and so it has a special place and a dish just for it from here on out! I bonded with 95W! LOL LOL LOL ;) I have always had an interest in China and wanted to go there. By watching Doc 9 or CCTV news I can live vicariously through that future visit without leaving home!

Hamneard,

I am news junky and heavy TV DXer myself too!:biggrin

Just wondering do you DX on 10 and 6 meters bands? I know is somewhat off season this time of year.

If you can move over to G-16 bird on 99.2*w there's Japan channel called NHK World news. They have alot of neat stuff it makes BBC look like a wimp on the progamings line ups!

OUTSTANDING!!! I took a break from messing with the dishes. I need to get my 3rd dish planted and slowly relocate the dishes off the roof...I been talking about it for a while. I am procrastinating on digging a trench for some conduit underground...as we all know this is not fun. I have put funds on hold, as I am trying to get my ham radio tower up. That has taken focus and FTA has been on cruise control for now.

I went to Pasadena, TX for work, and the hotel I was staying in had CCTV that was picked up somehow by a provider through OTA which is strange to me to find CCTV on hotel programming. This is what brought me back to CCTV once I realized how much I missed it! I was playing with 113W and lost interest in that bird, and never made it back to the roof since I had another on 97W.

You know me...a fellow news junkie from a different point of view!

A hotel with CCTV, CCTV News ? I guess, now that´s strange.
To the best of my recollection I don´t remember a hotel with CCTV on this side of the world, not even in other parts of the world, with the exception of one hotel in Cancun that had CCTV 4.

Hamneard,

I am news junky and heavy TV DXer myself too!:biggrin

Just wondering do you DX on 10 and 6 meters bands? I know is somewhat off season this time of year.

If you can move over to G-16 bird on 99.2*w there's Japan channel called NHK World news. They have alot of neat stuff it makes BBC look like a wimp on the progamings line ups!

I also watch BBC World News to get my daily fix of news.
I want to put a fixed dish for NHK World News.
What I would like for Christmas is to have Israel News 24 on 97w.

I find myself wanting to visit China and their culture! CCTV (95W) was the first bird I found on FTA by accident looking for 97W with a cheap $30 meter and so it has a special place and a dish just for it from here on out! I bonded with 95W! LOL LOL LOL ;) I have always had an interest in China and wanted to go there. By watching Doc 9 or CCTV news I can live vicariously through that future visit without leaving home!

There you go, that´s one of the sweet things about FTA. You can go around the world in the comfort of your home.
Travelogue is a good show on CCTV.
On other countries and sats/channels, I like a travel show I´ve caught on Duna World, to know more of Hungary. My little Hungarian is getting rusty and anyway I don´t mind not understanding what they say, but a picture speaks a thousand words.

The other day I also caught "Landmarks" on Al Etejah, visiting Iraq especially nowadays is something I´d rather do by watching TV :D

A hotel with CCTV, CCTV News ? I guess, now that´s strange.
To the best of my recollection I don´t remember a hotel with CCTV on this side of the world, not even in other parts of the world, with the exception of one hotel in Cancun that had CCTV 4.

I found it!!!! I think it was from La Porte TX outside of Houston. Here is the station in the Houston, TX area that carries CCTV digital!! I was blown away to find it in the hotel and not on FTA! I was home again when I found it on local programming! LOL

http://www.wcetvdigital.com/Ch55_6/

Reactions: N5XZS
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)