vargf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
I'm confuse where I have connect the S/PDIF connector I try to connect to the

L or R Audio but nothing happens or I need to connect to another equipment

Ac3

Hello:
If I understand your question, the connector you are using on your sat receiver is orange in color (digital) and you are trying to plug it into analog connections (L/R) on your receiver or TV?...THAT WILL NOT WORK!

If you use the digital output on the sat receiver, you should use a single 75ohm coax cable from the orange plug on the sat receiver to a like connection (orange plug) on your audio receiver (orange plug) and then match the audio receiver's input settings to that input:ie: COAX1 (does not sound like you have optical)

The easiest explanation is follow the color coding of the jacks at all times

if you are going straight to your tv with the sound......the TV needs to have an orange input jack....If not, then you must use the L/R outs on the sat receiver to the L/R inputs on what ever you are connecting to! (standard stereo audio cables ...a red one and a white one)...with the L/R setup, you cannot get AC3!...only stereo

Hope this helps
Jeff

Last edited:
I trying using the AC-3 to listing the AC-3 Channeles.

any help?

Ac3

I understand...plz read my reply for your hookup....I think you are trying to connect the digital out of your Sat receiver to an analog (stereo) input of some other device. THAT WILL NOT WORK....orange is digital....red/white is analog stereo...plz read my post above
Good Luck
jeff

Last edited:
varg
your receiver must be able to decode dolby digital. As gizzer noted above, you can't hook the dolby up to the regular l/r inputs of the freceiver. There should be a spot (if your receiver has it) for a dolby digital input which is orange

Another note on Digital sound

I have discovered with my 4dtv that a station can transmit digital sound that is NOT Dolby encoded....when the channel does that, My Pioneer receiver automatically switches over to the DSP sound mode that I have set (Like Prologic II or DTS Neo 6, etc)

Hope this is helping you!
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Too many Fortec Choices

Newbie need help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)