AC-banders to the rescue please?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
Ok guys a little help here. I was given a 6 foot solid offset dish, complete with a c-band feedhorn. I think it is the original. I have had no problem picking up mpeg free 2 air signals on the c-band sats with my pansat 3500 sd. I cannot find a feedhorn that will do both c and ku for this size offset dish. i have tried some of the new all in one by geosat pro, but think the focal point is off. Any suggestions as to how I can rig it or a corotor II on this thing up or do I need to just break down and get a prine focus dish?

Thanks

The easiest thing to try is hand-hold the new C/Ku band LNB and slowly move it around the dish to see if you can find the best reception. If you find a good position then try to make some sort of holder for it. The Corotor II probably won't work very well since it's designed for a prime focus antenna. I wouldn't give up on the free antenna yet. Half the fun of this hobby is trying to make things work on the cheap. Have fun.

Although I know who you're speaking of, I'm not him. But I am a firm believer in Gary Bourgois' (RIP) "The Scrounger's Guide To Satellite TV". Waste not, want not.
Have fun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)