AC3 audio and motor questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

red2grass

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
SF Bay Area
I finally got my motor working yesterday after initial wrong setting of dish elevation. Pretty exiting experience to see it move and lock on signals. I have a couple of questions.
1. Many channels on G10R have DD or AC3 audio. My receiver is Mercury II. I connected the SPDIF optical out to my Denon receiver which has a DD decoder. I turned SPDIF output on for Mercury II. Still could not get any audio out of the Denon receiver. Is mercury II capable of passing AC3 bit stream?

2. I could not get any signal from 72W to 93W. I can lock everything from 95W to 129W. I am at 121W. I know there are bunch of tall trees on my east side. When the dish moves east, it also lowers the elevation. According to my estimate, I probably should not get anything from 72W to 83W. Now it is worse than I expected. Is it possible that I still have not optimized my setting on the motor and dish, so some error accumulation goes off edge when it moves about 30 degrees east to my true south? Signals on 95 are quite good, between 60 - 65. Then I did a blind scan on 93, nothing showed up. Can someone let me know a few strong transponders from 83 to 93w?

I1. Many channels on G10R have DD or AC3 audio. My receiver is Mercury II. I connected the SPDIF optical out to my Denon receiver which has a DD decoder. I turned SPDIF output on for Mercury II. Still could not get any audio out of the Denon receiver. Is mercury II capable of passing AC3 bit stream?

there are only 3 channels on G10 KU that need AC-3
KEYU & KAMT (spanish) and Retro Jams

"Many channels on G10R have DD or AC3 audio. My receiver is Mercury II. I connected the SPDIF optical out to my Denon receiver which has a DD decoder. I turned SPDIF output on for Mercury II. Still could not get any audio out of the Denon receiver. Is mercury II capable of passing AC3 bit stream?"

I have no problem with AC-3 audio from the Merc II over the spdif cable . The Merc is not the problem.
:(

Still could not get any audio out of the Denon receiver. Is mercury II capable of passing AC3 bit stream?

Is AC3 enabled in the Setup menu?

Do the AC3 Channels show up with a DD logo when you are viewing them?

Pick one channel that you are having a problem with. What is the Audio PID?

Last edited:
1. SPDIF is on in the setup menu.
2. I saw the DD logo.
3. KAMT APID is 47.

[
QUOTE=guapoharry;1346640]Is AC3 enabled in the Setup menu?

Do the AC3 Channels show up with a DD logo when you are viewing them?

Pick one channel that you are having a problem with. What is the Audio PID?[/QUOTE]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)