ACC network

The ACC network FAQ shows Hulu, YouTube TV, and Playstation Vue as OTT services that will carry the ACC network. A subscription for a month will give time for Dish to get things worked out and more time for you to make a decision if Dish doesn't carry it. Assuming you have the capability to watch OTT streams.
I may have to do that but my internet service is so unreliable and slow at home that I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:
Just another channel we all have to pay for that most of us do not want. I get it, ACC folks want their network. I want my Pac 12, and DISH is one of the few providers that carries it. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

The whole cable TV sports model is just broken. The costs of these sports networks is out of sight and everyone has to pay it.

I can't get my local FOX affiliate right now.....and guess what,over at Directv they can't get the local CBS affiliate....if it is not one, its another.

The ACC network FAQ shows Hulu, YouTube TV, and Playstation Vue as OTT services that will carry the ACC network. A subscription for a month will give time for Dish to get things worked out and more time for you to make a decision if Dish doesn't carry it. Assuming you have the capability to watch OTT streams.

As I stated earlier, several OTT providers are listed as carrying the ACC network.

What I meant is that you can't watch ACC Network programming on ESPN3 unless you subscribe to a service that has a carriage deal. As Dish Network subscribers, we can watch ESPN3 games. That won't be the case for ACC Network games if Dish doesn't reach a deal.

What I meant is that you can't watch ACC Network programming on ESPN3 unless you subscribe to a service that has a carriage deal. As Dish Network subscribers, we can watch ESPN3 games. That won't be the case for ACC Network games if Dish doesn't reach a deal.
Dish Network subscribers CAN watch ACCN games. They would just need to subscribe to another service (Hulu, YouTubeTV, etc) to do so.

Everyone has (and pays for) channels they don't watch/want. Everyone wants channels that others don't. Short of full a la carte (which I"m not convinced would be cheaper), I'm not sure how you avoid that.

and has that time gone by yet?

See I don't think you understand here. Sure it starts tomorrow but we want assurance the channel will be on Dish the day of the launch. The other providers have made their customers happy and all announced it other than Comcast whom is also a big one. Why not get the deal done and make your customers happy and save for better PR vs negative PR? It makes little to no sense to me to be so critical of those that are just wanting some form of positive reinforcement that the channel is coming and on the day of launch.
I honestly don't see it happening - if anything they will either get it before first game airs or they won't. Like others if it comes down to that day before first game I'll grab YT or hulu to make sure I don't miss anything and then light up Dish's customer support and tell them how awesome this new streaming service is and why I don't need Dish anymore. Make your customers happy and get it done rather than unhappy and they seek alternatives making it too late to make them happy.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
See I don't think you understand here. Sure it starts tomorrow but we want assurance the channel will be on Dish the day of the launch. The other providers have made their customers happy and all announced it other than Comcast whom is also a big one. Why not get the deal done and make your customers happy and save for better PR vs negative PR? It makes little to no sense to me to be so critical of those that are just wanting some form of positive reinforcement that the channel is coming and on the day of launch.
I honestly don't see it happening - if anything they will either get it before first game airs or they won't. Like others if it comes down to that day before first game I'll grab YT or hulu to make sure I don't miss anything and then light up Dish's customer support and tell them how awesome this new streaming service is and why I don't need Dish anymore. Make your customers happy and get it done rather than unhappy and they seek alternatives making it too late to make them happy.
See I definitely understand. What I understand is that the network hasn't started up yet and it doesn't matter to me if DISH decides to uplink it one hour before the station goes on the air. I see no sense in getting into a dither until the station is up and running and DISH hasn't turned it on yet.

See I definitely understand. What I understand is that the network hasn't started up yet and it doesn't matter to me if DISH decides to uplink it one hour before the station goes on the air. I see no sense in getting into a dither until the station is up and running and DISH hasn't turned it on yet.

Everyone gets into a dither be it you like it or not. Other cable co's and streaming programs are announcing they are gonna have it day one. That says "Hey come to us...we are great! We will have the channel and lots more!!". This is a perfect way to attract new customers from those that do not have it yet, Dish and Comcast are falling behind...its not so much having it set to turn on at 12:01 the day of release...its about telling people they WILL have it that day and ready to go way ahead of the rest or right with the rest.

Two bars side by side... each with great music and great setting....one says they will have beer opening day, the other says nothing or we don't know yet over and over. Who do you think will get the most customers first?

Also let me add this edit: Look at the ACC twitter feed.. people are upset, comcast customers are upset.
Doesn't matter if you are in contract or not for many fans..they will jump ship and pay the different, I know I would when it comes to CFB!
twitter.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)