ACC network

I just called Dish. My contract expired 2 days ago. I'm going to be trying out youtube tv and possibly cancelling dish if they don't get it soon.

At this time, we do not have a contract to carry ACC Network. We are working with the owner of the ACC Network to
see if a fair agreement can be reached to carry this channel on DISH’s line-up. Our top priority is to provide our
customers with the best TV experience possible at the best value.
-Kimberly H.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I just called Dish. My contract expired 2 days ago. I'm going to be trying out youtube tv and possibly cancelling dish if they don't get it soon.

At this time, we do not have a contract to carry ACC Network. We are working with the owner of the ACC Network to
see if a fair agreement can be reached to carry this channel on DISH’s line-up. Our top priority is to provide our
customers with the best TV experience possible at the best value.
-Kimberly H.

Sorry Kim,
but that is the same copy/paste I've gotten and many others on twitter when we dish you guys.
We need something new here and so far I don't see any movement.
You have 3 days.

Reactions: bhawley
Sorry Kim,
but that is the same copy/paste I've gotten and many others on twitter when we dish you guys.
We need something new here and so far I don't see any movement.
You have 3 days.
So Dish should just pay ANY price that the ACC Network demands just to satisfy YOUR sports needs? I remember watching ACC sports OTA for FREE. Now they demand that you PAY to watch. Why should we be paying these schools to watch unpaid athletes especially the state supported schools (like NC, NC State, Virginia, etc.)?

Reactions: HipKat
So Dish should just pay ANY price that the ACC Network demands just to satisfy YOUR sports needs? I remember watching ACC sports OTA for FREE. Now they demand that you PAY to watch. Why should we be paying these schools to watch unpaid athletes especially the state supported schools (like NC, NC State, Virginia, etc.)?
Because ESPN/Disney.

Reactions: HipKat
Dish shouldn't just pay "any price" but when they're basically the only one left without the channel, they're going to lose some subscribers over it. I guess every other company was okay with the price. What I read it's $1 / sub in the ACC area and $.50 / sub outside. SEC network gets $1.39 / sub in their area and $.50 outside. PAC12 is only asking for $.11 / sub and they still can't get on some providers.

Dish shouldn't just pay "any price" but when they're basically the only one left without the channel, they're going to lose some subscribers over it. I guess every other company was okay with the price. What I read it's $1 / sub in the ACC area and $.50 / sub outside. SEC network gets $1.39 / sub in their area and $.50 outside. PAC12 is only asking for $.11 / sub and they still can't get on some providers.
It's all in the wording of the contracts. The initial fees (introductory price) may be low but what are they demanding for the other years on the contract?

How about no and just compromise with customers that want it? I'd give up a bunch of other channels for it.
Ask your customers what they want.
2 Days left.... gotta have it before 5PM Thursday or a phone call a day is what they will get while I check out the awesome new YT TV and options of switching.
20 year customer...this will push me away big time!! It is a must have channel I'm afraid.

Reactions: Cypresstree
How about no and just compromise with customers that want it? I'd give up a bunch of other channels for it.
Ask your customers what they want.
2 Days left.... gotta have it before 5PM Thursday or a phone call a day is what they will get while I check out the awesome new YT TV and options of switching.
20 year customer...this will push me away big time!! It is a must have channel I'm afraid.

I felt the same way in the days leading up to the launch of the SEC network.

That would have been a non starter. Only a few things are

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I felt the same way in the days leading up to the launch of the SEC network.

That would have been a non starter. Only a few things are

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app
I was the same. There are very few things I need pay tv for, sports, and college football in particular is it.

Since the streamers offer the main sports channels and the cost is less, that’s why I ended up dropping sat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts