ACC network

I have went 6 months before with no subscription to anything but MLBTV and Amazon Prime. That always ends come football season when forced to have a subscription to some service.
I really wish YTTV would pick up RedZone and offer a side package as many others do.
I can handle no NFL network because Prime includes the majority of Thursday night games. As far as ACC network glad we got it but I really don't follow anyone so would rather have gotten Pac12 schools like UTAH, ASU, Arizona which I still follow since the '70s when they were WAC schools.

I don't think anything here suggests the ACC is here. If so, we'd see press releases by now. I am sure there is talk behind the scenes, but its bigger than ACC. It's all the Disney channels....FX, National Geographic, etc. Best negotiating leverage for DISH is letting this game pass.

Last edited:
Seeya, bet it’s up by noon eastern.... ;)

I do hope it is but you don't have to be so spiteful with those of us that are really wanting this channel.
It is something those like myself really really need not just want. If I can't watch my team play then I need to find other ways to watch, same as others.
So cut us a little slack here.. if he leaves then I don't blame him one bit..I will to if it comes to it.
I hope that link is correct and you are right it does show up today before the first game.
If it doesn't I'm prepared to find another way and if that other way seems cheap and has just about everything I need then I may switch.
I've not tested it because I like Dish and I'd hate to leave but I will over College football...plain and simple.

Reactions: Ronnie-
Our top priority is to provide our customers with the best TV experience possible at the best value. At this time, we do not have a contract to carry ACC Network. We are working with the owner of the ACC Network to see if a fair agreement can be reached to carry this channel on DISH’s line-up.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I do hope it is but you don't have to be so spiteful with those of us that are really wanting this channel.
It is something those like myself really really need not just want. If I can't watch my team play then I need to find other ways to watch, same as others.
So cut us a little slack here.. if he leaves then I don't blame him one bit..I will to if it comes to it.
I hope that link is correct and you are right it does show up today before the first game.
If it doesn't I'm prepared to find another way and if that other way seems cheap and has just about everything I need then I may switch.
I've not tested it because I like Dish and I'd hate to leave but I will over College football...plain and simple.
It's not spite at all, I really want this channel as well. I just get tired of all this teeth gnashing and threats before things really get started. If it ain't there by game time and someone goes somewhere else and then posts that they went somewhere else and why then I can understand and am in agreement.

SMH @ DISH. At the end of the day they have to make a decision. Will adding the channel(s) cause them to lose more subs than not adding them? Considering they are already losing subs due to 1) cost and NOW 2) content, this seems like a poor business decision at best and stupidity at worst.

They couldn't do a better job driving away customers even if that was their intent.

SMH @ the clueless blame game.

Dish has FX and FXX (and more) negotiations to deal with, which is probably what the hold up with ACC is. Other providers probably didn't have deal expirations with Disney on the horizon, which made negotiations for ACC easier.

There is much more at stake than just getting ACC.

Best negotiating leverage for DISH is letting this game pass.
Can you expand on that? I would think it would hurt Dish more than help. Folks who don't want to watch the game don't care. Folks who DO want to watch will find a way to watch. They might come to the realization that there are other options out there and cancel their subscriptions. So how does Dish get leverage by not showing the game?

Our top priority is to provide our customers with the best TV experience possible at the best value. At this time, we do not have a contract to carry ACC Network. We are working with the owner of the ACC Network to see if a fair agreement can be reached to carry this channel on DISH’s line-up.

Ok this is the same copy/paste message you guys give us on Twitter too so thanks but it isn't helping.
In fact I think its making most users on twitter rather upset even more when you do that.
Now... its past noon and still no channel so I'm like someone else here I'm afraid I'm going to get YT tv later.
5pm seems to be my cut off.

SMH @ the clueless blame game.

Dish has FX and FXX (and more) negotiations to deal with, which is probably what the hold up with ACC is. Other providers probably didn't have deal expirations with Disney on the horizon, which made negotiations for ACC easier.

There is much more at stake than just getting ACC.

I don't think so.. I'm sure they have more than one person or group of persons to handle each thing or other issues they have going on. The ACC network has been known to be coming for a few years now and highly advertised for the last year at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts