ACC network

I don't think so.. I'm sure they have more than one person or group of persons to handle each thing or other issues they have going on. The ACC network has been known to be coming for a few years now and highly advertised for the last year at least.
But Disney as the owner of all entities involved obviously are tying carriage of ACC with carriage of their other channels that are up for renewal. FX, FXX Nat Geo, and a few others. Dish may have known for a long time that the channel is coming, but they didn't know Disney was going to extort their other channels along with it (or even that Disney would end up owning those other channels), and those channels' agreement just happened to expire near the time of the ACC launch.

Once we hear that the FX et al. channels have reached an agreement, I'll bet dollars to donuts that ACC will be there as well.

Can you expand on that? I would think it would hurt Dish more than help. Folks who don't want to watch the game don't care. Folks who DO want to watch will find a way to watch. They might come to the realization that there are other options out there and cancel their subscriptions. So how does Dish get leverage by not showing the game?
Dish needs leverage to get an agreement on the other Disney channels that are tied up in negotiations, and have been for months.

Dish needs leverage to get an agreement on the other Disney channels that are tied up in negotiations, and have been for months.
OK. So how does not showing the ACC Network's first game give them leverage? As I said earlier, those not interested in ACCN don't care that it's not on, and those that do will look elsewhere for it, potentially dropping Dish.

OK. So how does not showing the ACC Network's first game give them leverage? As I said earlier, those not interested in ACCN don't care that it's not on, and those that do will look elsewhere for it, potentially dropping Dish.
Who knows...maybe it's Disney who held up the talks for the other channels hoping that the launch of ACCN would light a fire under Dish to reach a comprehensive agreement, and Dish is calling their bluff.

All told, the two sets of negotiations most likely are linked and feed off each other, thanks again to oligarchy ownership.

Ok this is the same copy/paste message you guys give us on Twitter too so thanks but it isn't helping.
In fact I think its making most users on twitter rather upset even more when you do that.
Now... its past noon and still no channel so I'm like someone else here I'm afraid I'm going to get YT tv later.
5pm seems to be my cut off.

See, now I was thinking that posting the same message over and over would calm the mob who want the ACC Network on Dish ASAP. ;)

Tired of the disputes. Miss my braves, ACC network would be nice too. I'm in another contract, but I'll pay the ETF if needed and go YouTube tv because I do watch CBS weekly during college football season and tune into NFL games on it now and then. I sell DirecTV (among other things) but send some(9 so far this year) to dish under a referral because the equipment is better and the value, so it's their loss. I'm probably not a profitable customer except in those referrals, but those will probably stop too.

Our top priority is to provide our customers with the best TV experience possible at the best value. At this time, we do not have a contract to carry ACC Network. We are working with the owner of the ACC Network to see if a fair agreement can be reached to carry this channel on DISH’s line-up.

Talking points. Dish tweeted a reply to me earlier this afternoon. The tweeted reply was three sentences. Two of them were the second and third sentences of this post -- verbatim.

Added YT TV - 5 Day trial so it will get me thru the weekend for now.
It looks really good.. very impressed with the picture.
I hope dish gets their act together... for $50 a month for everything they have on it looks pretty good.

Reactions: ncted
The number one ranked collage football team in the nation is playing tonight and I can’t watch it on my TV.
WOW! The first fumble of the season,,, and the game hasn’t even started.........

I guess this would mean that Dish/Disney reached a deal for FX, FXX, etc. as well if they now have ACC Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts