According to NCAA college basketball prices, there is no recession!

I read it again, and the price is for the Friday and Sunday "sessions" or for the 2 days:

TICKETS ARE BASED ON AVAILABILITY. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
NO REFUNDS/EXCHANGES. EVERYONE, REGARDLESS OF AGE NEEDS A TICKET!
You are purchasing tickets for the 2009 NCAA Division 1 Men's Basketball 1st & 2nd Rounds in Miami, Florida. Florida International University is the host institution and the games are being played at the AmericanAirlines Arena. You are purchasing tickets for all three (3) sessions that are being held at the AmericanAirlines Arena. Two sessions are on Friday, March 20th, 2009 (times TBA) and one session on Sunday, March 22nd 2009 (times TBA). Teams participating: Utah vs. Arizona, Wake Forest vs. Cleveland State, Arizona State vs. Temple, Syracuse vs. Stephen F. Austin.

So...it comes out to over $300(including parking) for the 1st 2 round.....MUCH better, but that is about $150 for watching Syracuse play twice in crappy seats...that is still ALOT of dough....

I find ir weird.

Besides, other games in Miami involve Arizona State; I doubt the Sun Devils are a team worth that much money to see.

Maybe other Miami-area games are cheaper because they don't have a glamorous team.
:confused:

Glamour doesn't matter, face-value ticket prices are set ahead of time, regardless of the teams at the site.

Tickets to the tournament are available through the school or conference hosting the session; the NCAA itself does not sell tickets. Tickets are sold in booklets for the entire weekend; you cannot buy tickets for individual games or sessions.

For the first and second rounds, which consist of two doubleheaders Thursday or Friday and one doubleheader on Saturday or Sunday at each site, prices are $105-$150. Prices for the regionals, consisting of a doubleheader Thursday or Friday night and a single game on Saturday or Sunday, run from about $100-$120.

I read it again, and the price is for the Friday and Sunday "sessions" or for the 2 days:

So...it comes out to over $300(including parking) for the 1st 2 round.....MUCH better, but that is about $150 for watching Syracuse play twice in crappy seats...that is still ALOT of dough....

Go to Stub Hub and get them for a lot cheaper. I found seats that are about 185 for all 3 days.

Edit: Now the cheapest is around $215 for the 3 days.

Sell the tickets for the games you don't want to attend. There are always fans of other teams hanging around the arena who will need tickets and you could get some of your money back for those anyway...

Because I am on a mailing list for the St. Louis Visitor Bureau, I just got an order form for the Woman's Final Four. Out of curiosity, I opened it. $162 per ticket. I laughed, and hit delete. :)

A NCAA Tournament 1-and-done game is higher demand than a regular season NBA game. Thus the higher prices. :eureka

Right....!:rolleyes: I bet, if they gave someone the option of NCAA 1st round seats at $100+ of some teams you have never seen, and average section Heat vs. Cavs/Celtics/Lakers....I know exactly what team MOST would take!

Right....!:rolleyes: I bet, if they gave someone the option of NCAA 1st round seats at $100+ of some teams you have never seen, and average section Heat vs. Cavs/Celtics/Lakers....I know exactly what team MOST would take!

There are 82 games in an NBA regular season. The NCAA Tournament is 1 and done, so for some teams, it may be one of the few if only times they play on the grandest of all stages in their College career. I certainly see the draw. Others must too as the ticket prices are higher too. They wouldn't be priced so high if the demand wasn't there.

I hope you're not speaking about Miami fans. Every time I see a Heat game on TV there are scores of empty seats and they can see Dwayne Wade every night.

I hope you're not speaking about Miami fans. Every time I see a Heat game on TV there are scores of empty seats and they can see Dwayne Wade every night.

Miami Heat average 92% capacity per home game this season.... including ALL games against the Cavs, Lakers, Celtics, Magic and Pistons. That is 15th on the NBA list of teams. Their stadium holds about 20,000 per game. Considering the fact they were THE ONLY TEAM not to win at least 20 games last year....that is pretty good.

So, you might wanna check your stats on that one....;)

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance"]Moved Permanently[/ame]

Miami Heat average 92% capacity per home game this season.... including ALL games against the Cavs, Lakers, Celtics, Magic and Pistons. That is 15th on the NBA list of teams. Their stadium holds about 20,000 per game. Considering the fact they were THE ONLY TEAM not to win at least 20 games last year....that is pretty good.

So, you might wanna check your stats on that one....;)

NBA Attendance - National Basketball Association - ESPN
A lot of those "fans" have a funny way of showing up as those ugly orange seats at the arena. I don't need some BS stats to tell me what my eyes can clearly see.

NCAA has it set up in the first and 2nd round for doubleheaders. Usually session 1 - is 2 afternoon games - then everyone clears out and comes back that night for session 2 for 2 more games. There is an off day then Round 2 games are one doubleheader for 2 more games. so if you have tix to all 3 sessions - you see six games. I used to go to a different site every year with buddies - its a fun time - but six games is tiring haha! plus with all the TV timeouts it can be brutal (first dead ball every 4 minutes off the clock)

Now I'm looking forward to year 2 of the mega march madness package - can be just as good if not better than being there.

Just because the NBA teams report they sold 92% of the seats at a game, doesn't mean those people actually showed up to the game.

Count the turnstiles, not the tickets sold.

Fine...count the turnstiles. They won ONLY 15 games last year, considering what THAT does to a franchise, the turnout has been fine from the 6 games I have gone. I have gone to 3 high end games(Cleveland, Orlando and Boston) and 3 not so high end games(76ers, NY Knicks and Chicago) and the lower end games had only one sellout(NYK) they ALL had a very good turnout with MOST of the stadium pretty full. The high end games were full to capacity.

So the 10 second video shot on ESPN highlights is not an indication of how many people go to the games.....

...but what would I know, I have ONLY been at some of those games....:rolleyes:

Salsa, I just checked my stubs for the Final Four, and i only paid $170, and that's for both days, all three games.

Thanks....but you know what....I am spent emotionally, sports wise, after last week with the 'Cuse and this week with Puerto Rico's run in the WBC....LOL!

I don't think my heart can take this....LOL!:p:eek: