According to 'Sports by Brooks', Urban Meyer is new....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
osu1991 said:
They just talked to Meyer during the Neb/Mich game and he said he hasn't been offered or accepted any job and there is no truth to the rumors.

Now why would you want to bring our Bucknuts down? Haven't they been through enough? :( ;)

osu1991 said:
They just talked to Meyer during the Neb/Mich game and he said he hasn't been offered or accepted any job and there is no truth to the rumors.

And I also heard Alabama's head coach, O'Saban Bin Lying, tell every reporter in Miami when he was the Dolphins coach..."how many times am I gonna tell you guys, I am NOT gonna take the Alabama coaching job... I am NOT interested in the Alabama coaching job and I just don't understand why y'all keep asking me that question...!!”

LMAO...

Hart5150 said:
He is not taking the Ohio State job.

You don't "retire" and than a year later take a lesser job.

I could see him taking the Penn State job, though.

LMAO! Contradicted your 1st half of your post with your 2nd half....

Too damn funny...

And I also heard Alabama's head coach, O'Saban Bin Lying, tell every reporter in Miami when he was the Dolphins coach..."how many times am I gonna tell you guys, I am NOT gonna take the Alabama coaching job... I am NOT interested in the Alabama coaching job and I just don't understand why y'all keep asking me that question...!!”

LMAO...

Ive always wondered how others would have handled it.
The media often drives people into situations that they might not otherwise normally go into. They kept trying to back him into a corner over it, when he was trying to focus on the Miami job, and they finally got him to give a quote that he later disputed with his actions.
Guy is human, and I doubt many of us would have done differently in the situation. I know Miami fans were bitter about it though. I might have been myself, but I understand why he said that at the time.

msmith198025 said:
...I know Miami fans were bitter about it though. I might have been myself, but I understand why he said that at the time.
Might have been!? You gumps would've probably bought out every ounce of Spike 80DF within a 500 mile radius! Lol! :D

Jealous!!! LOL

Get real. I'm just saying I have seen like these things reported in the past, then blow up. Your saying you buy the Herbsreit coaching thing?
I guess you think the whole NCAA deal is over since OSU has submitted the punishment and the NCAA has not ruled. LOL

Never said anything like that.
1. I can't imagine what Herbstreit would do, QB coach maybe ?
2. Spielman will not be coming along, he's too involved with Fund Raising with the Stephanie Spielman Cancer stuff.

Like I said earlier, NOTHING has been signed, so sure, it could change, if it does, oh well, well move on to the next person.
They have already said that nothing will happen till after the season is officially over as well as talking about waiting till the NCAA has thier say.

The NCAA taking this long is a JOKE in the first place.

Hart5150 said:
Florida to Ohio State is a downward move.

Florida to Penn State is a lateral move.

Understand?????

So damn funny I guess.

Ohio State is a LESSER JOB than Florida?!

ROFLMAO!!!

Ohio State has football tradition since the 30s...the Gators did not become a major football name until Spurrier in the played QB for them. And even then, they were more known for the creation of Gatorade.

I cannot believe you made me defend a school I hate...but seriously, next time us before you give us one of those crazy a$$ opinion of yours...warn us.

mccoyrj said:
Might have been!? You gumps would've probably bought out every ounce of Spike 80DF within a 500 mile radius! Lol! :D

Well...Miami Dolphins fans were...but that was the standard douche move he made on a few occassions as I remember correctly.

He is not taking the Ohio State job.

You don't "retire" and than a year later take a lesser job.

I could see him taking the Penn State job, though.

Now WHY would he want the Penn State job over the Buckeye job ?
He's been an OSU assistant previously, so he has a history there, at Penn State he has NOTHING ...

As for retiring and taking a job a year later, .... What are you thinking, it happens all the time.

Well...Miami Dolphins fans were...but that was the standard douche move he made on a few occassions as I remember correctly.

He has moved, but has not left under the same circumstances before, as he was not as well known of a coach when he left the other jobs, LSU aside, and they only hated him after he came to Bama too.

I still wonder about my post, but honestly wouldnt expect a fair shake from the team that he left if it is rationally thought about, and probably wouldnt give the same consideration if it were us. I would like to think I would, but maybe not

I would say that to any coach now (for 20 years), not 80 years ago, that Florida is as much of a destination job as OSU at the least. Might be better due to more recent success (national championships), and the allure of the SEC (which is also a drawback if you dont win).

msmith198025 said:
...LSU aside, and they only hated him after he came to Bama too.

Actually, we hated him when LSU beat his ass in the Independence Bowl while he coached Michigan State. Then, we liked him at LSU, hated him when he lied and left LSU for the Dolphins, now loathe his ass that he's back in the SEC competing against us. ;)

msmith198025 said:
I would say that to any coach now (for 20 years), not 80 years ago, that Florida is as much of a destination job as OSU at the least. Might be better due to more recent success (national championships), and the allure of the SEC (which is also a drawback if you dont win).

Right now, the ONLY advantages Florida has is that they are NOT under any investigation by the NCAA and they recruit in the most fertile region in the USA, the state of Florida.

With ALL things being equal and at the present time, the head coaching job at Ohio State is just as equally prestigious as the Florida job... And Meyer knows how to recruit in Florida.

Your honor... I rest my case!

I dont know many LSU fans that feel the same, and I would wager that I know more than either of you based on location (well at least as many as Mccoy). No disrespect to my friends here of course ;)

Most I know didnt hold much ill will considering the shape he left them in, and the hate started at the Bama juncture, so rest your case all you want. Wont make you any more right than me :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts