According to 'Sports by Brooks', Urban Meyer is new....

Right now, the ONLY advantages Florida has is that they are NOT under any investigation by the NCAA and they recruit in the most fertile region in the USA, the state of Florida.

With ALL things being equal and at the present time, the head coaching job at Ohio State is just as equally prestigious as the Florida job... And Meyer knows how to recruit in Florida.

Those are two huge advantages, and past success swings slightly to Florida as well, on the factors that I mentioned.

I say at this juncture, Florida is more of a plum job, but we are splitting hairs most recent years.

msmith198025 said:
I dont know many LSU fans that feel the same, and I would wager that I know more than either of you based on location (well at least as many as Mccoy)...
I was born and raised in Louisiana. Went to LSU, had season tickets for several years, and still have family in Louisiana, some in Baton Rouge. How about you? I might want to take you up on that wager. ;)

I was born and raised in Louisiana. Went to LSU, had season tickets for several years, and still have family in Louisiana, some in Baton Rouge. How about you? I might want to take you up on that wager. ;)
Dont underestimate the amount of LSU fans in the area. I am closer to Baton Rouge than I am to Tuscaloosa, might not be a sure thing for you. ( i will say that when it comes to any game we play, I know more LSU fans at gametime than any other, Auburn included)

As far as going to the school, or being in the state, I went to USM and USA, I know alot more fans from a handful of schools then either of those ;) (granted, neither are LSU, or the main school in the state :) )

Bama fans can flatter themselves, but the way Saban left LSU, after saying he wasn't, is a big reason why he was so disliked when he came back to the SEC. I can assure you there are as many that feel that way as not.

Bama fans can flatter themselves, but the way Saban left LSU, after saying he wasn't, is a big reason why he was so disliked when he came back to the SEC. I can assure you there are as many that feel that way as not.

He's done the same thing at about every school he's been at .... Michigan State, Toledo, Bama, Dolphins wherever, Ya gotta come to expect it.
He'll leave Bama some day too.

He's done the same thing at about every school he's been at .... Michigan State, Toledo, Bama, Dolphins wherever, Ya gotta come to expect it.
He'll leave Bama some day too.
Of course he will. Even if he stays, at some point he will leave.
Know what? I cant be mad considering what he has given us, but I am also not concerned because I know he has built us up and there is really no major program that he can upward climb to.

If he leaves to a dream job for him at this point (wherever that is) then I cant blame him. I doubt we ever play them, (again, wherever that is) so it would be a small issue for me at least.

I personally have no major issue with anybody saying that they are not interested in the job and then taking it. Things change in the deals all of the time. The only issue I have is that the coach should at least finish the year before they leave. If the school doesn't want them to stay that is one thing but to just pack up and leave is another.

osu1991 said:
They just talked to Meyer during the Neb/Mich game and he said he hasn't been offered or accepted any job and there is no truth to the rumors.

This is the reason I mentioned Sabin. The quote that he "hasn't been offered or accepted any job and there is no truth to that rumor" is THE most over used phrase by a college football coach other than "absolutely you will competing for a starting job if you come to our school...."

And from all that I have read, heard and seen... I mentioned who I thought was the 'heavyweight champeen of da woild'... O'Sabin Bin Lying....

msmith198025 said:
Those are two huge advantages, and past success swings slightly to Florida as well, on the factors that I mentioned.

I say at this juncture, Florida is more of a plum job, but we are splitting hairs most recent years.

...Florida does not have sanctions over their...does not make them, makes them lucky....

I find this interesting, from The Sporting News:

Urban Meyer and Ohio State have been in discussions about the Buckeyes’ opening, ESPN.com reported Saturday.

Meyer is an analyst for ESPN and has been out of coaching since resigning as the Florida coach after last season.

Read more: Report: Urban Meyer discussing coaching job with Ohio State - NCAA Football - Sporting News

The Buckeye do not HAVE an opening as of yet ....

They have had an opening since Tressel resigned..... ;)

Well seeing Luke Fickell is the current Head Coach, there is NOT a position available as of this moment.

Following the resignation of Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel, defensive coordinator Luke Fickell was named the team's interim head coach for the 2011-12 season.

According to a news release from Ohio State, recruitment of a new head coach will not begin until the end of the 2011-12 season.
Meet Luke Fickell, Ohio State football's interim head coach - NCAA Football - Sporting News

Ohio State is a LESSER JOB than Florida?!

ROFLMAO!!!

Ohio State has football tradition since the 30s...the Gators did not become a major football name until Spurrier in the played QB for them. And even then, they were more known for the creation of Gatorade.

I cannot believe you made me defend a school I hate...but seriously, next time us before you give us one of those crazy a$$ opinion of yours...warn us.

Army and Navy(which are 2 of the finest institutions in America) have traditions that date back to the 20's, I guess they would be upward moves also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)