According to 'Sports by Brooks', Urban Meyer is new....

According to Sport By Brooks ...they will make the announcement during the the Duke/Ohio State basketball game 11/29

If they do that nobody will notice...Dick Vitale will keep talking about Mike Krzyzewski anyway, and not let anybody else get a word in edge-wise.

Sandra

It's not a "done deal", but Urban Meyer is now on record saying he would "consider OSU job."

In other news, the rest of world announces they would consider accepting winning lottery ticket.

I just don't see him doing this... he has medical issues with stress and wants to deal with it all over again while moving from a tropical weather area to cold as hell area?? If you ask me that's a down grade from where he was big time! I'd stay with ESPN and enjoy not having to run all over the place every other weekend.

I just don't see him doing this... he has medical issues with stress and wants to deal with it all over again while moving from a tropical weather area to cold as hell area?? If you ask me that's a down grade from where he was big time! I'd stay with ESPN and enjoy not having to run all over the place every other weekend.

You're not seriously using the weather card are you?

PS. I'm not sure if you've ever been to Columbus, OH, but our last regular season game ends in November. Columbus rarely sees temperatures below freezing that time of the year. This football season, the average temperature was probably 65°F+ which IMO is PERFECT fall weather football. MUCH better even that the sticky and humid temperatures of Florida.

Lol, you need to tell that to some of your fellow northern fans.
We have heard all to often about how the weather in bowl games is an advantage to southern teams because their northern counterparts are used to much colder conditions. Or how the southern teams wouldnt be as competitive in the north because they are not used to the cold.
:)

Lol, you need to tell that to some of your fellow northern fans.
We have heard all to often about how the weather in bowl games is an advantage to southern teams because their northern counterparts are used to much colder conditions. Or how the southern teams wouldnt be as competitive in the north because they are not used to the cold.
:)

I could understand if this was the NFL and the season went on through December and January, but in these parts, it rarely gets THAT bad to declare an advantage one way or the other in October or November.

You're not seriously using the weather card are you?

nope not really... why would you leave a awesome program anyway? He had health reasons...family reasons, why in the hell go back into it and at that go back into it into those conditions that just a small factor I would look at and nothing to really value a big discussion over.

nope not really... why would you leave a awesome program anyway? He had health reasons...family reasons, why in the hell go back into it and at that go back into it into those conditions that just a small factor I would look at and nothing to really value a big discussion over.

I have no idea what you just said, but take this quote from Urban himself. It explains pretty much everything you need to know why he's considering Ohio State. Taken recently from the Gainesville Sun...

“I love football,” he said. “It's what I am. I miss it.”

And besides why oh why he'd leave the precious SEC and Florida, he has ties to Ohio. He was born in Toledo. Raised in Youngstown. Played at Cincinatti, coached at Ohio State (positions coach) and Bowling Green.

ESPN has announced they will keep analyst Urban Meyer off of the coverage for Ohio State vs. Michigan. He will stay in Bristol and cancelled his coverage of the game in Michigan. Hmmmmmm....

Now THIS! Wow.......

Blue chip defensive end prospect Adolphus Washington committed this morning to sign a national letter of intent with Ohio State -- and then forecast who he thinks he’ll be playing for when he arrives in Columbus....

“I believe Urban Meyer,” the Cincinnati standout said.

Lol, well, there you go!

Meyer, whose resignation from Florida a year ago was fueled in part by health and family concerns, still has those concerns, he told the Sun. But in the past year, he's learned that a balance between the demands of coaching and home life can be found.

"I've found that it is possible to have balance between your job and your family, that there are coaches out there who are doing it," he said, according to the Sun.

Urban Meyer -- if Ohio State Buckeyes offer job, I'll have a decision to make - ESPN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)