According to 'Sports by Brooks', Urban Meyer is new....

And here ya go - no deal

Contacted Wednesday by ESPN, Meyer, who coached Florida to two national championships, denied that he had a deal with Ohio State.
"I have not been offered any job nor is there a deal in place," Meyer said in a statement. "I plan on spending Thanksgiving with my family and will not comment on this any further."

Urban Meyer denies report he's new Ohio State Buckeyes coach - ESPN

Last edited:
Boy, you have no clue coaches talk. He did this before. As have just about every coach at every level of college football. And I ASSURE you that his 'bucket list" also include he will coach Notre Dame before his time as done as well.

So you Ohio State fans...don't expect him to be there longer than 5 years...;)

He had the chance to coach Notre Dame...he passed. ASSURING us you know what's on Urban's mind is assinine...but hey, on the INTERWEBS everyone can say what another person is thinking!

You should at least wait until he's actually hired before you try to throw cold water from Miami on Buckeye Nation. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Boy, you have no clue about coaches talk. He did this before. As have just about every coach at every level of college football. And I ASSURE you that his 'bucket list" also include he will coach Notre Dame before his time as done as well.

So you Ohio State fans...don't expect him to be there longer than 5 years...;)

Ohio State is Urban's dream job. It's his heaven from the purgatory that is Gainesville.

Urban was born and raised in the Buckeye State and even played college ball here. His first coaching job as a grad-assistant was at tOhio State. After a few other assistant jobs, he landed his first head coaching job at Bowling Green (another Ohio school). In his 2008 book, "Urban's Way", he even stated that he could "NEVER" veto a move to Ohio State.

What a story it would be if Meyer, a hometown winner returned to his native state and salvaged the most popular team in Ohio, formally run by another previous former hometown winner?

Ohio and Urban Meyer is like America and Apple Pie. It just makes sense.

He had the chance to coach Notre Dame...he passed. ASSURING us you know what's on Urban's mind is assinine...but hey, on the INTERWEBS everyone can say what another person is thinking!

You should at least wait until he's actually hired before you try to throw cold water from Miami on Buckeye Nation. :rolleyes:

Sandra

LMAO! He only rejected it because the guy there has a long term deal. The guy at Ohio State is a bandaid, otherwise known as a "interim coach". It's even MORE "assinie" to think that a coach that has moved around so much and has CLEARLY stated that other than Ohio State, Notre Dame is his OTHER "dream job"...would think he would be there for the rest of his career.

Some times, "throwing cold water" on something brings reality into the situation.

LOL this may be the first time in my entire lifetime that I've ever read a sentence like this!

Hopefully this is true...we need an Urban renewal!

Sandra

Hey, OH-IO is the center of the universe, is it not?? ;)

I'm originally from there. How did you become a Buckeye fan, Sandra? Don't think I've heard that story.

LMAO! He only rejected it because the guy there has a long term deal. The guy at Ohio State is a bandaid, otherwise known as a "interim coach". It's even MORE "assinie" to think that a coach that has moved around so much and has CLEARLY stated that other than Ohio State, Notre Dame is his OTHER "dream job"...would think he would be there for the rest of his career.

Some times, "throwing cold water" on something brings reality into the situation.

"Reality", now there's a good word!! :haha

Ohio State is Urban's dream job. It's his heaven from the purgatory that is Gainesville.

Urban was born and raised in the Buckeye State and even played college ball here. His first coaching job as a grad-assistant was at tOhio State. After a few other assistant jobs, he landed his first head coaching job at Bowling Green (another Ohio school). In his 2008 book, "Urban's Way", he even stated that he could "NEVER" veto a move to Ohio State.

What a story it would be if Meyer, a hometown winner returned to his native state and salvaged the most popular team in Ohio, formally run by another previous former hometown winner?

Ohio and Urban Meyer is like America and Apple Pie. It just makes sense.

LMAO... Never EVER said it did not make sense. And there is NOTHING to salvage at Ohio State. What has happened at tOSU could and has happened to MANY programs just as big and many times worse. There is nothing to salvage, just tiddy up. But Urban Meyer DOES has a tendeny to move around. Like I said, and it is well known...he also consider Notre Dame a dream job.

And as much as I HATE tOSU, I have respect for the program and it's history.

I do have one question about your post, where has it ever been mention that Gainesville was "purgatory"?:confused:

Hey, OH-IO is the center of the universe, is it not?? ;)

I'm originally from there. How did you become a Buckeye fan, Sandra? Don't think I've heard that story.

I had on older sister who was much older than me. She went to Ohio State undergrad and then got her masters and doctorate from Princeton. Unfortunately she passed away when I was really young. Sorry to be a downer but you asked...

She was smarter than all five of my brothers and me combined! I always tell them mom and dad made smart girls and stupid boys...

Sandra

I had on older sister who was much older than me. She went to Ohio State undergrad and then got her masters and doctorate from Princeton. Unfortunately she passed away when I was really young. Sorry to be a downer but you asked...

She was smarter than all five of my brothers and me combined! I always tell them mom and dad made smart girls and stupid boys...

Sandra
sorry to hear that.......

Sandra

That's unfortunate....didn't mean for you to relive that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)