According to 'Sports by Brooks', Urban Meyer is new....

What "facts" have been presented in this thread?

This would just kill you if it actually happened wouldn't it.

I 100% agree that there are no facts to back anything up and all of the local media are denying the reports also.

Yep, all rumors at this point. I can understand why OSU fans are excited at the possibility though.

Ohio State is a LESSER JOB than Florida?!

ROFLMAO!!!

Ohio State has football tradition since the 30s...the Gators did not become a major football name until Spurrier in the played QB for them. And even then, they were more known for the creation of Gatorade.

I cannot believe you made me defend a school I hate...but seriously, next time us before you give us one of those crazy a$$ opinion of yours...warn us.

Army, Havard, Yale etc have football traditions that are great and storied. Hell How many titles did Army win?

Just because a team was great 20 30 40 years ago does not mean its a gig to admire today.

I would support Urban Meyers move to OSU if it does pan out. You buckeye fans will be getting a great coach.. (One you used to bash when he was at FLA and now talk highly of him go figure.. Lebron James anyone?)

Urban took time off left FLA on top took care of his health and if he wants to get back into the game dont blame him. I will be rooting against him however. I am sure FLA fans would welcome him back into the swamp (not that FLA would ever play OSU in the regular season).

Hart5150 said:
Army and Navy(which are 2 of the finest institutions in America) have traditions that date back to the 20's, I guess they would be upward moves also.

You just hate the fact Meyer could very well go to not only a Big Ten team... But Ohio State, none the less.

That is all your opinion is based on..in my opinion.

I would support Urban Meyers move to OSU if it does pan out. You buckeye fans will be getting a great coach.. (One you used to bash when he was at FLA and now talk highly of him go figure.. Lebron James anyone?)

Urban took time off left FLA on top took care of his health and if he wants to get back into the game dont blame him. I will be rooting against him however. I am sure FLA fans would welcome him back into the swamp (not that FLA would ever play OSU in the regular season).

Not every one Bashed Urban while elsewhere, I never did, but then I've been watching his teams for many years...
Remember, he was an assistant at OSU, he was HC at Bowling Green right down the road and Utah before FLA.

Yep, all rumors at this point. I can understand why OSU fans are excited at the possibility though.

The rumors will be just that till AFTER the Season is over.

The University and the Coach would not address anything till then.
They may even wait till sometime in Dec when the NCAA finally gets off thier A$$ and tells us what they want to dole out.

I find it laughable that the University doles out punishment while the NCAA hasn't, the NCAA can either look at what the University says and TOP it, or laugh and say , we weren't gonna do THAT much ...

Why give the NCAA ideas ....

I don't see any reason for Urban to leave his job he has now with ESPN... he's secure and he doesn't have to spend the time he used to not to mention Florida was a better job by far than OSU - who in the world would want to take over that train wreck aside from maybe Al Golden leaving his current mess for a new one and more money as I think OSU would put up more than Miami.

But hey ..Randy Shannon is lookin for a job, that be a good fit for OSU.

Not every one Bashed Urban while elsewhere, I never did, but then I've been watching his teams for many years...
Remember, he was an assistant at OSU, he was HC at Bowling Green right down the road and Utah before FLA.
Didn't he also play football at University of Cincinnati?

dvrexpander said:
I don't see any reason for Urban to leave his job he has now with ESPN... he's secure and he doesn't have to spend the time he used to not to mention Florida was a better job by far than OSU - who in the world would want to take over that train wreck aside from maybe Al Golden leaving his current mess for a new one and more money as I think OSU would put up more than Miami.

Lmao.....!

dvrexpander said:

Because he has that itch to get back into it, like most Coaches do.
Why would the Bucks look for Golden or Shannon, Golden HAS a job ....

Looks like the Bucks will hire a Big Name as they should.....
Curious, I wonder what Michigan would say if they contacted Les miles ?
Not that he would come or be MY choice.

I think if Meyer dosnt take it, they will talk to Gruden.
I would also like to se them gvo for Chris Peterson if Meyer doesn't take it.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Ohio State is a LESSER JOB than Florida?!

ROFLMAO!!!

Ohio State has football tradition since the 30s...the Gators did not become a major football name until Spurrier in the played QB for them. And even then, they were more known for the creation of Gatorade.

I cannot believe you made me defend a school I hate...but seriously, next time us before you give us one of those crazy a$$ opinion of yours...warn us.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Past aside, Florida and tOSU are equally good jobs today I would imagine. You'd have to be a fool to turn either one down, or ill of health.

They just talked to Meyer during the Neb/Mich game and he said he hasn't been offered or accepted any job and there is no truth to the rumors.

1. It is an unwritten rule with coaches that a coaching candidate doesn't talk about a position that is presently filled during an ongoing season. Fickell has 1 more game of the regular season left. He knows he was just an interm/lame-duck coach to whether the storm while OSU finds a premiere coach. But OSU is going to go let him finish out the season respectfully before announcing anything official. Urban is just following protocol.

2. OSU doesn't want any distractions heading into the biggest game of the season...... the rivalry game @ Michigan.

3. OSU is still waiting for sanctions to be handed down. They are supposed to come this week or next. Urban isn't going to be announced until AFTER the sanctions are announced just in case they are so severe he can't deal with them.

4. OSU is a proud program. Despite what some of you may think, this isn't homerism speaking. Besides this year, OSU is typically a top 10 program, year in and year out. We have a storied franchise, a storied stadium, a proud fan base and alumni with monetary backing that is powerful and worldwide. OSU is presently 5th in most wins in Division I history (just about tied with 4th overall Oklahoma). So please spare me with the Florida to OSU is a "demotion" in career moves. If anything, it's the other way around. Florida to OSU is a promotion.

Past aside, Florida and tOSU are equally good jobs today I would imagine. You'd have to be a fool to turn either one down, or ill of health.

I agree... IF you think the Buckeyes job is a riskier job that the Gators job...then YES, riskier because the total punishment for the sanctions has not been doled out yet. But to say "it's a step down" is absolutely ludicrous!

1. It is an unwritten rule with coaches that a coaching candidate doesn't talk about a position that is presently filled during an ongoing season. Fickell has 1 more game of the regular season left. He knows he was just an interm/lame-duck coach to whether the storm while OSU finds a premiere coach. But OSU is going to go let him finish out the season respectfully before announcing anything official. Urban is just following protocol.

2. OSU doesn't want any distractions heading into the biggest game of the season...... the rivalry game @ Michigan.

3. OSU is still waiting for sanctions to be handed down. They are supposed to come this week or next. Urban isn't going to be announced until AFTER the sanctions are announced just in case they are so severe he can't deal with them.

4. OSU is a proud program. Despite what some of you may think, this isn't homerism speaking. Besides this year, OSU is typically a top 10 program, year in and year out. We have a storied franchise, a storied stadium, a proud fan base and alumni with monetary backing that is powerful and worldwide. OSU is presently 5th in most wins in Division I history (just about tied with 4th overall Oklahoma). So please spare me with the Florida to OSU is a "demotion" in career moves. If anything, it's the other way around. Florida to OSU is a promotion.

Very well said...!

With that said, defending the devil is not easy. I will now throw up in my mouth....LOL!;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)