According to 'Sports by Brooks', Urban Meyer is new....

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
...Ohio State football coach?!

Check the website. They are known to be a very reputable website.

This was according to their Twitter account.

If true....WOW!

Meyer Agrees To Coach Buckeyes, Building Staff
Posted by Brooks on Nov. 18, 2011, 8:07pm

Multiple sources close to the Ohio State football program have confirmed that Urban Meyer is assembling a coaching staff after agreeing to become the next head football coach at Ohio State.

Urban Meyer and Gene Smith on Sept. 3, 2011 at Ohio State before OSU game against Akron

(9/3/2011: Meyer & Ohio St. Athletic Director Gene Smith at Ohio Stadium)

The deal between Meyer and Ohio State was consumated in principle earlier this week in Columbus but not signed. It includes a multi-year contract that will make Meyer once again one of college football’s highest paid coaches.

In additon to Meyer’s generous compensation package, sources said a major factor in the coach’s decision to agree to take the position was the school promising him the budget to assemble what is expected to become the highest-paid assistant coaching staff in college football history.

Of that staff, sources indicate Meyer’s intial plan is to retain current Ohio State head football coach Luke Fickell and current Buckeye wide receivers coach Stan Drayton.

Meyer also aims to add Chris Spielman, Kirk Herbstreit, current North Carolina State linebackers coach Jon Tenuta and current LSU offensive line coach Greg Studwara to his Ohio State staff.

Studwara was offensive line coach for Bowling Green when Meyer was the head coach of the Falcons in 2001 and 2002.

Meyer was one of two candidates Ohio State contacted during its hiring process. Jon Gruden was also approached by the school, but declined interest.

I thought that he retired because the stress of coaching was adversely affecting his health? Is the B1G less stressful than the SEC?

I thought that he retired because the stress of coaching was adversely affecting his health? Is the B1G less stressful than the SEC?

He's been out for a year now.
His health is better now and I'm sure the doctors have OK'd the move or he wouldn't be doing it.

I believe it when I see it. Not knowing about the NCAA and taking this job??
LOL. Kirk Herbstreit as an assistant??
He just moved to Nashville a year or so ago to get out of Ohio!!

Sorry. Brooks is not a very reliable source.

I believe it when I see it. Not knowing about the NCAA and taking this job??
LOL. Kirk Herbstreit as an assistant??
He just moved to Nashville a year or so ago to get out of Ohio!!

Sorry. Brooks is not a very reliable source.

They were accurate on the last two OSU items, before others.

Are you Jealous ?

Anyways, it's not a done deal and I would not expect to hear anything concrete till after the Michigan game.
Speculation is they will wait till after the NCAA gives thier final verdict, but said that the outcome won't change his mind.

Could it be that the Bucks are hiring Urban now, hoping that the NCAA wont be as hard on them seeing they have a top notch coach ...

Here, is this a more reputable site for you ?
from twitter:
@elevenwarriors Eleven Warriors
We are 99.7% sure Urban Meyer has agreed to a deal to become the next coach of Ohio State. Solid sources.

Last edited:
Jimbo said:
They were accurate on the last two OSU items, before others.

Are you Jealous ?

Anyways, it's not a done deal and I would not expect to hear anything concrete till after the Michigan game.
Speculation is they will wait till after the NCAA gives thier final verdict, but said that the outcome won't change his mind.

Could it be that the Bucks are hiring Urban now, hoping that the NCAA wont be as hard on them seeing they have a top notch coach ...

Here, is this a more reputable site for you ?
from twitter:
@elevenwarriors Eleven Warriors
We are 99.7% sure Urban Meyer has agreed to a deal to become the next coach of Ohio State. Solid sources.

Jealous!!! LOL

Get real. I'm just saying I have seen like these things reported in the past, then blow up. Your saying you buy the Herbsreit coaching thing?
I guess you think the whole NCAA deal is over since OSU has submitted the punishment and the NCAA has not ruled. LOL

SportsByBrooks is reporting that Meyer has agreed to a deal in principle, though nothing has been finalized. Additionally, a website dedicated to Ohio State, Eleven Warriors, has cited sources indicating that Meyer will accept the position once the NCAA delivers their verdict on sanctions against the program.

One report states that Meyer will keep current head coach Luke Fickell on staff, and try to add some big names, including long-time ESPN analyst and former Buckeye quarterback Kirk Herbstreit.
If the NCAA comes down too hard, looks like this leaves Meyer an out....

Report: Urban Meyer To Take Ohio State Job | SI Tracking Blog

Your saying you buy the Herbsreit coaching thing?

I don't buy the Herbstreit or Spielman pieces one bit. I doubt that Herbstreit will leave his ESPN/ABC gig unless they are trying to push him out. Also I don't see Spielman moving into coaching right now as he is a single father with younger kids. He is to much about family to move into a position that will keep him away from them so much.

If true, I would think that IF the sanctions do not go more than a year....he will take the job. IF they go more than a year....forget it. He will pass.

He is not taking the Ohio State job.

You don't "retire" and than a year later take a lesser job.

I could see him taking the Penn State job, though.

WELCOME HOME URBAN MEYER!!!!!!

NOW LET'S GET TO WORK PUTTING THE MOST STORIED COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM BACK AMONG THE ELITE!!!!

THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts