Account Stacking V.S. Vacation Residence

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My second account also has owned equipment on it, so I could turn it off and on when I want. I mean of course 1 month minimum.

But I also Have to pay my leased account. So If I could suspend my account for 2 months that would save me around $200 per year.

But now, if you have 2 Leased accounts, one can't be suspended for 10 months right?

it doesnt matter leased or owned 6 month max susp per calendar year.

it doesnt matter leased or owned 6 month max susp per calendar year.

It does matter, Because my owned equipment I can turn on for 2 months and turn off for 10.
I've been doing that for the past 3 years.

Now if it was a lease I couldn't do this. I would have to pay 6 months service minimum.

It does matter, Because my owned equipment I can turn on for 2 months and turn off for 10.
I've been doing that for the past 3 years.

Now if it was a lease I couldn't do this. I would have to pay 6 months service minimum.

Yeah but what you do is not susp, though. your deactivating the boxes. Suspend is account wide basically what you done is found a way that is with in policy to basically suspend with out having to suspend the account.

Yeah but what you do is not susp, though. your deactivating the boxes. Suspend is account wide basically what you done is found a way that is with in policy to basically suspend with out having to suspend the account.
OK Got ya. So 2 accounts leased wouldn't work for me, since I would need 1 account inactive for 10 months. But I could suspend my main account for 2 month no problem, which I did not know untill now. So thats good.:)

Signal integerity finds out that like 8 of those boxes are in cuba.
so they have the technology to trace a box to a location ?
or not at right location

thanks alot
Jason
It was not clear from the quote you posted, but "Signal integrity" is actually referring to an internal DIRECTV group named "Signal Integrity", which is responsible for investigating suspicious activity (ex: account stacking, card hacking, etc.)

This is fascinating.
When I was a tech, I did dozens of installs where I'd place equipment at a primary residence. We then would install a second dish( custy paid additional for hardware and labor) at a weekender or vacation home. This allowed the custy to travel to their vaca home with one or more of their receivers, hook them up and watch tv...
I see nothing wrong with this.

This is fascinating.
When I was a tech, I did dozens of installs where I'd place equipment at a primary residence. We then would install a second dish( custy paid additional for hardware and labor) at a weekender or vacation home. This allowed the custy to travel to their vaca home with one or more of their receivers, hook them up and watch tv...
I see nothing wrong with this.
Neither does DirecTV...that is what they consider a vacation home. As long as the receivers are transported back and forth with the customer, there is no issue.

It becomes account stacking when receivers are at both locations and are being used at the same time.

Hey Stonecold I agree with everything you have said but would like to share an experience a friend had with D* about account stacking and I actually witnessed the call myself as I was in the same room and listened on speakerphone. Now for the record I have Directv at my main home in Bloomington and ONLY there, but I do have BellTV (canadian sat) at my Canadian home as well as my American home. Although know one is at my residence in Canada when we are not there so we are only watching it at one place or the other. Anyway before I left Montana and moved to Bloomington a friend of mine called D* and said that he needed 5 more HD DVR's so he could ship them to family residences he has in Canada. Now I would not have believed this if I didn't hear it with my own ears. The lady csr said oh yes Mr.*** thats no problem we do that all the time. Infact she also sent out an installer to hook each one up and activate them first to make sure they all were working before they where shipped to Canada, and that is what she said word for word. I could not believe it. I still don't know how that is possible. Are the calls not monitered for quality control anymore?

LOL...could it be that some Americans don't even know where/what Canada is?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts