Acquiring HD DVR (Current Customer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JakeMerks

Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Duluth, MN
First off I'm new to this site and already you guys saved me ten bucks (was paying for HD) now I'm in need of some help. With this extra wiggle room in my bill I was considering adding DVR. Now my question is is there a way I can get a HD DVR for free or a way to reduce the price.

Welcome to the Site !!!

How long have you been with D* ?

If you just signed up, then I doubt that you will get any breaks on a HD DVR.
Figuring that they gave you the New Sub discounts when you started.

Best thing to do is to call them up and ask what they can do for you. When you call just say cancel at the voice prompts to get to the retention department. When they answer don't say anything about canceling your service just ask what they can do to help you upgrade to a DVR.

In my area (MPEG4) market it is cheaper for customers to get a DVR than a reg IRD. HD-DVR=7.99 Reg HD-IRD is 10.00 when you include HD programming. Kinda confusing I know but true here. Of course it is 17.99 if you get a dvr with hd package

In my area (MPEG4) market it is cheaper for customers to get a DVR than a reg IRD. HD-DVR=7.99 Reg HD-IRD is 10.00 when you include HD programming. Kinda confusing I know but true here. Of course it is 17.99 if you get a dvr with hd package

If you are talking about the dvr fee, it's $7/month, not $7.99.

Well they offered me the unit for $100 free installation and they said it cause $12 a month. You guys think I get get him to go down on anything?

Well they offered me the unit for $100 free installation and they said it cause $12 a month. You guys think I get get him to go down on anything?

You are getting it at 1/2 price so not to bad. If you are adding an extra receiver and not replacing one the $12 fee sounds right. Don't forget that next month Directv is raising their extra receiver fees by $1 so it will be $13 extra in February.

That's very reasonable, in fact, better than the deal I got after being a customer for nearly 10 years. BTW, the $12 is $5 for the mirroring fee and $7 for the dvr fee. The $5 is going to $6 in February.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)