activation of a new direct tv account

Status
Please reply by conversation.

juveman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
usa
hello all, I was wondering how the activation process works. I plan on ordering 6 receivers from Direct TV and will likely install my own dish and receivers. How do I activate? If the answer to my question is that I have to call and ask them to activate will they activate all receivers at the same time or will I have to give them the 6 individual serial numbers for each of the receivers?

For a brand new account if you order them through Directv they will come out and install them for you

But if you can't have an installer come out (if I remember right you are North of Buffalo per your previous posts) you would have to order them through a retailer like Solid Signal

Good memory.... I would install them myself I have done this before and I like doing it. I would just have them delivered and do this. So once I install, what is the process to activate the 6 receivers?

Yes and that is what I plan to do but with respect to activation, do you know whether they can activate all 6 at once or whether i have to give the individual receiver s/n for them to turn each one on in other words is it the account that is activated or the receivers?

Without the numbers, how can they activate a receiver/dvr?

Yes and that is what I plan to do but with respect to activation, do you know whether they can activate all 6 at once or whether i have to give the individual receiver s/n for them to turn each one on in other words is it the account that is activated or the receivers?

you can give them all 6 receiver numbers to start. Or activate 3 of them then you can go online if I remember right and activate the rest (dont quote me on that...maybe its only replacement receivers that you can activate online)

they would have the s/n for each receiver since I would have purchased them from Direct TV when I opened the account.

You can't purchase receivers unless you sign up with them
If you are starting an account they will send out a installer to install the equipment

If you are "north of Buffalo" then I don't know how you will get receivers from D*? I self-installed by getting the equipment from a D* reseller. Six receivers as well initially. All I did was call in and told the CSR I wanted to startup a new account and I already had the equipment installed. They asked for the access card numbers from each receiver - not the receiver ID. I gave them each card number and they confirmed the receiver model number to me. 10 minutes later, all was up and running.

Sorry, they won't do this. If you want to set up an account with receivers from them, then they will insist on doing installation. If you use a reseller, then you can come to an agreement with the reseller but don't expect necessarily to get the same deal....

After you buy all the equip how will you open the account? "North of buffalo" mean no ssn... Have you tried one of many companies who help with this problem? Try searching kijiji....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are "north of Buffalo" then I don't know how you will get receivers from D*? I self-installed by getting the equipment from a D* reseller. Six receivers as well initially. All I did was call in and told the CSR I wanted to startup a new account and I already had the equipment installed. They asked for the access card numbers from each receiver - not the receiver ID. I gave them each card number and they confirmed the receiver model number to me. 10 minutes later, all was up and running.

I did the same when I did my initial install.
Set everything up, verified picture on channel 100, 200 & 500.
Called in, told them I had everything up and running and needed to be activated, they were somewhat puzzled, but did activate the recvrs, asked for the access card numbers and the recvr numbers, from what I recall.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)