Trasnponder Signal Strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerseyfla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Georgia
With the Sinclair dispute possibly coming to a head on Friday, I am looking at moving my "moved" address in Mobile area which could lose 4 stations to Columbus, Mississippi area which also gets me Reds and Cardinals games on top of the Braves games. I did a look at my transponder signals and saw that 103w Transponder 3 has a signal strength in the 20s. Is this a strong enough strength to get Columbus locals or is it too weak?

With the Sinclair dispute possibly coming to a head on Friday, I am looking at moving my "moved" address in Mobile area which could lose 4 stations to Columbus, Mississippi area which also gets me Reds and Cardinals games on top of the Braves games. I did a look at my transponder signals and saw that 103w Transponder 3 has a signal strength in the 20s. Is this a strong enough strength to get Columbus locals or is it too weak?

I would say definitely Not. ..
I would not use a Local signal under 60-65 and expect a qualityn signal to last.
That would be the Lowest i would go.
Typically, youll want to be 85 and up.

Yup, 20 is way too low for a consistent picture. It MIGHT work under ideal conditions, but it would fail quickly with even a little rain.

you talking about COlumbus/Tupelo MS?

If so they are on 99s TP3 not 103...PBS is on 103

callsign/channel/transponder/satellite
WCBI 4 3 SW2 @99W
CW 5 3 SW2 @99W
WTVA 9 3 SW2 @99W
WTVA 10 3 SW2 @99W
WMAE 12 17 D10 or D12 @103W
CW 14 21 D8 @101W
WLOV 27 3 SW2 @99W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)