Active Weather

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
I love the Active feature. But the most annoying thing about the weather on Active is whenever the receiver gets reset, the favorites list and your "CURRENT CONDITIONS" are gone and have to be redone. It drives me crazy. Has anyone noticed this? Is there anything that can be done to eliminate this and keep your current conditions and favorites still there?

:mad:

The active weather is only available on new receivers that are interactive capable. It is accessed by using the active button on the new white remotes.

sheridan said:
I don't suppose that the HD300 was capable? What receivers are?

If you mean the Sony SAT-HD300, then no as above. The new interactive is not the same as the old WINK.

Sometimes you have to reset it, especially on the R15s. It locks up on me, I turn it off, then turn it back on and it's right back on the menu that I couldn't get out of. Besides, I had to reset the old receivers with Wink and the Dish receivers from time to time. My local weather and favorites list was not wiped out.
Also, when you have a power failure, your local weather and favorities are gone, too. This never happened with Wink and Dish if I can remember.

This also happens when the receiver has lost power (power outage), this is because the zip code is stored in volatile memory, it happens to all my d10s each time we lose power, I have to reenter the zip code for active weather, it is normal, albeit a pain.

damaged said:
This also happens when the receiver has lost power (power outage), this is because the zip code is stored in volatile memory, it happens to all my d10s each time we lose power, I have to reenter the zip code for active weather, it is normal, albeit a pain.

You'd think Directv would've addressed this issue with a software update....Then again maybe they don't care. :mad:

Well, I don't know why they didn't just make Active Weather grab the zip code from the installation data, as that is non-volatile, and already there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts