Actuator controller boxes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
Here's my current plan...
I'm thinking that on my 10' dish I'll get a corotor II+ for KU and C-Band. I'm pretty sold on the Von Weise 24" because of it's higher count/accuracy.

This is where I get a little hazy...

Can a KU receiver make the Von Weise go? Or is that something a C-Band receiver needs to do?

I was wondering about those stand alone actuator controllers. Seems like they are a little more versatile than the built in ones. They have remotes and all.

I just don't know enough about this to make a good decision.

Also...What DC voltage does the Von Weise work on? I can't seem to find an ad that tells that

Do you mean a DVB or a older analog receiver, if so you can use a V-box with the DVB receiver, or you can slave the DVB to a old analog receiver, you can also go for a antenna positioner.

Greg Mueller said:
Can a KU receiver make the Von Weise go? Or is that something a C-Band receiver needs to do?
I assume by ku receiver, you mean DVB receiver. I think Manhattan makes one that will, nobody else does. And, Manhattan along with Pansat, make receivers that will control a polarotor on a BUD. While nobody else does.
If by ku receiver you mean an analog ku receiver. I don't think anybody makes an only ku receiver. They are all both C and ku receivers.
Greg Mueller said:
Also...What DC voltage does the Von Weise work on? I can't seem to find an ad that tells that
I think it's a 36 volt system.

Al

There is one of the Manhatten ones for sale in the classified are here.

I was dissapointed in my VBOX. The cheapest route would be to use an analog receiver to run the actuator. If DVB is what you plan on doing then going with one of them Manhatten / Topfield receivers would seem to be the hot ticket.

The more I learn the less I realize I know....

I was hoping to cover fta and c-band all in one. It looks like there's more to it than I thought.

Maybe I should ask

Will the corotor II+ get both digital and analog ku and digital and analog c-band?

Greg Mueller said:
The more I learn the less I realize I know....

I was hoping to cover fta and c-band all in one. It looks like there's more to it than I thought.

Maybe I should ask

Will the corotor II+ get both digital and analog ku and digital and analog c-band?

Here I will put it down:

If you get the corotor II plus with decent lnb's then you are set for c/ku, analog and digital.

A DVB receiver that you see everywhere, will pick up in the clear DVB feeds, though you will not be able to subscibe to anything, though with you big dish you will have feeds coming from both C-band & Ku-band on the DVB receiver.

You can slave the DVB receiver to a older analog only system, that will tune in analog c/ku feeds, the best would be to grab a 4dtv and slave the DVB receiver to it, the 4dtv will bring you analog feeds along with digital DCII feeds ones that are in the clear and also the plus is with the 4dtv you will have the ability to subscribe to the digital DCII feeds, slid a VCII+ board in the back and sub to analog also.

dish positioner

I would definitely go for an analog c-ku receiver for dish positioner or better yet a 4dtv receiver, The analog only receiver will cost about the same as a dish positioner that does nothing but move the dish. The analog option will give you lots of cool feeds from various birds.

You are definitely on the right track.:D

Thanks for the explanations.
How do you slave a DVB receiver to a 4DTV receiver?

Just so I'm sure what we're talking about, can you give me and example of a DVB receiver?

From my reading there seems to be a GI 4DTV receiver and a Motorola 4DTV receiver. Are they the same, or is one better than the other?

1. Thanks for the explanations.
How do you slave a DVB receiver to a 4DTV receiver?

http://www.dmsiusa.com/add_a_receiver.htm

2. Just so I'm sure what we're talking about, can you give me and example of a DVB receiver?

Pansat, Coolsat, Fortec, Traxis.

3. From my reading there seems to be a GI 4DTV receiver and a Motorola 4DTV receiver. Are they the same, or is one better than the other?

They are the same, though I would go for a 4dtv dsr 922 over the 920, you may find one on ebay, but a new one would be best, NPS and Skyvision have some pretty good deals on a new one with warranty.

Greg Mueller said:
Here's my current plan...
I'm thinking that on my 10' dish I'll get a corotor II+ for KU and C-Band. I'm pretty sold on the Von Weise 24" because of it's higher count/accuracy.

Von Weiss motors are great.

However i would ditch that Chaparral Corotor as they have pretty high losses at Ku-band.

Look at ADL feeds instead, www.sepatriot.com sells them and you can order directly from them.

ADL is much better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)