Actuator help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Hey guys, I need a new actuator. My old 24" inch superjack finally gave out. I have a 10 ft. mesh C and KU dish. It's not heavy. I use a Uniden Supra as the dish mover.

I'd like some advice as to what Actuator I should go with and why? My main concerns are accuracy and durability. For quite some time when moving my dish, I would have to bump it one way or the other to dial in KU. Is there a real accurate one that will lock on without much hassle?

Thank you very much Primestar. I like the fact that you have experience with it.

prime, I had someone tell me that a ballscrew was susceptible to peening when static resulting in shorter life. It certainly doesn't seem like you had that experience. That first one looks pretty good to me.

I haven't noticed any such issues, and we have average winds here of over 20 mph almost everyday. Just over the last week we've had 65-85 mph winds through Michigan (and my yard), and my dish didn't even budge a hair in that wind. It certainly didn't vibrate, and it takes that to cause peening.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)