Acutrac 22 Pro & Dish network DishPro Twin

deacon62

Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I am attempting to use an Acutrac 22 Pro to point a Dish Network DishPro Twin with a single cable output from the LNBs. I bought the meter based on the recommendation of my initial installer and I know it can be done as he used the same meter to install. We are are full time RVers so the dish is up and down a lot. My problem is that every time I connect the meter to the LNB cable I get an Over Charge message. This occurs with the receiver connect and disconnected.

Can anyone help? Thanks

i'm not really familiar with the accutracs as I use channel master meters, but you may check for a short in the wire. Thats a lot of times why meters throw up errors.

Have you tried connecting the receiver to the meter and connecting then connecting the meter to the LNB? I've found that some DP and DPP LNBs can give the Acutrac 22 some grief and this to be a workable solution.

I think Webbydude is correct... If the meter isn't supplying enough (600mA?) current, it won't power the LNB enough to peak your signal.Hook it up through the receiver, or... if you have the line out there anyway, tune the dish off of the point dish screen. (VIVA LA MEXICANTOWN!)

Have you tried connecting the receiver to the meter and connecting then connecting the meter to the LNB? I've found that some DP and DPP LNBs can give the Acutrac 22 some grief and this to be a workable solution.
I appreciate the idea. Been on the road, but I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Tried it today, same result. Maybe Jared is right about a short. I'll have to have it checked out. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)