Adding 2nd LNB to 10ft dish.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hwm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
North Central Idaho
Iceberg, you are a bad influence on me ;)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/147673-2-c-band-lnbs-6-foot.html

After studying the informative post linked to above, I tried it myself on my ten foot Winegard mesh dish. I am getting 91w on the primary LNB and 99w on the second LNB I added. S/Q is 80% on the primary and 70% on the secondary using a Coolsat 6000 and 20 feet of RG-6.

I just held the LNB up there and moved it around until I got the best signal quality on 3845H, then made some simple metal strap brackets and bolted the scalar ring in place. LNB skew was set to the correct amount for my location using a inclinometer. The spacing Center to Center on the LNBs is 6.5 inches. The sats are 8 degrees apart.

The second LNB is an old polarotor type that I had in my spare parts pile. I will replace it with a lighter weight new one with a better noise figure.

I am very pleased with the results and would encourage anyone with some metal working skills and a 6 foot or larger dish to give it a try.

I tried uploading some pictures. Hope it worked.

Attachments

• lnb1.jpg
    lnb1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 408
  • lnb2.jpg
    lnb2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 366
  • MVC-021S.JPG
    MVC-021S.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 345
  • MVC-022S.JPG
    MVC-022S.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 369
I've actually been toying around with this idea to setup a WSI 6ft dish fixed at Satmex5 and Satmex 6 which are only a few degrees apart. Given the minimal spacing, my thought was to cutout a hole in the scaler for a second LNB so that it was right next to the main one and then attach a second scaler (~1/3trimmed off) to suround the second LNB attached similar to how Iceberg did it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts