Please reply by conversation.

jesserulz233

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2005
South Carolina
Hello,

Please bare with me as this is a little out of my knowledge base. I have a 1 HR24 and two H25 receivers. I have a older receiver but i'm not sure which model it is that I would like to hook up in my sons room. Under the house I have a 4 port multiswitch with one port mark red for the SWM and 3 others. 2 of the ports go to the other bedrooms and the last port has a cap. Can I uncap the 4th port and run a line to my boys room? Or will it cause problems?

You can do that, but only if the receiver is SWM-compatible. Older receivers generally are not. What's the receiver model number?

Sorry both the D10 and or the HBH-SA will NOT work on a SWiM installation unless you have a separate SWiM Multiswitch.

You likely have a SWiM LNBF on your Dish. The SWiM LNBF's do not have any Legacy ports.

I know the SWiM 16 has legacy ports for older receivers. To use a SWiM 16 multiswitch you would have to swap out the LNBF run 3 more cables from the Dish for a total of 4 cables from the Dish to the SWiM16 multiswitch.

John

If you call them, and tell them you want to swap one of the old ones out, they will probably tell you you have to upgrade.. instead, tell them you want to "re-activate" it.. they will probably try, but they wont be able to get it to work.. (most csr's dont have the compatible models memorized)... if you point out that you "heard" that it's not compatible with your SWM (Don't tell them this until after they reactivate it), they should be able to swap it out at no cost.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)