Adding FTA to Mty C/Ku Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I currently have my C/Ku fed from my 10` BUD to my DSR922. I have a CoolSat receiver I`d like to add for FTA. What is the best way to integrate it with my present system (splitter, ??). I would like to do this with minimal signal loss. I would like both a recomendation of both a method and equipment.
THANKS!!

FaT AIR- Thanks for your reply and sharing your knowledge with me. I have a Spaun SAR411F antenna relay. it is rated @ 2.2GHz. I also have an ECODA 4 X 1 DISEqC switch rated @ 2.4GHz. I don`t know if either is suitable for the configuration you suggested nor do I have a clue how to interface with the 922 & FTA receiver. I sure could use some handholding to get this implemented.
You also mentioned the need for a HD S2 reciever which I assume would replace my CoolSat. Could you please provide a mfg and model number for this receiver.
THANKS!!!

Your 4x1 diseqc** could replace the 22Khz switch. FTA will select band via diseqc instead of 22khz. This would leave 2 ports unused. (could be run to dedicated fixed Ku dish/LNBFs) You'll need the splitters mentioned, so that the 922 supplies the operating voltage to the LNBs. But sends the L band i.f. to the switch(then FTA) and the 922. (Your 922 will also determine what polarity the FTA is on)
**The Spaun SAR411F may also be usable. I think it's a diseqc 2.0 switch
HD S2-I said that as more and more is going to h-264 (mpeg4) video and S2 for the savings in bandwidth, or much better picture quality in the same, or less, bandwidth (Yie, I can't 'clean up' that statement, hope it makes sense. [3rd attempt to simplify it])
HD S2 receiver of choice at this time is the GeosatPro microHD. (SatelliteAV - site sponsor)

Fat Air - Thanks for the clarification. I`ll pick up a GeoSat Pro microHD receiver to replace my CoolSat. As per your message I`ll use the ECODA to do the switching. Can you recommend a mfg and model number for the splitters? Finally, I know that the C/Ku outputs of the splitters go to the matching inputs of the 922 and GeoSat but I`m not clear on how the ECODA should be interfaced. I assume it is driven by the GeoSat but how is it wired??
Thanks again for ALL the help you`ve been!!!

FTA receiver lnb input >>>>ecoda switch >>>> splitters in C and Ku coax between 922 and LNBs. The power pass side of the splitters goes to the 922 to power the LNBs. Power blocking ports to the ecoda switch. SPLITTER - 2WAY 1PORT POWER PASS 2.3GHZ.(The links are in my first post, just not underlined)

Attachments

• analog_CKu_FTA.jpg
    analog_CKu_FTA.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 177
Fat Air- THANKS for the detailed reply. Now it`s time for me to spend some $$ and get to work hooking this up.
I so much appreciate your sharing your knowledge with me and perhaps other forum members who have
a similar interest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)