Adding HD DVR - Great CSR!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VMI90

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
King William, VA
I know that some people have had bad experiences with D* CSR's. I just wanted to add that the last couple of calls I made have been great.

I am currently receiving free Showtime for the loyalty program. I called alst week to see if I could get HBO instead. They said they couldn't change it as it is automatically programmed for what benefits I receive, but the CSR went ahead and gave me three months of HBO anyway. I also said that i was interested in adding a HD DVR to my account and wanted to see what deals or specials they had. They came back to me with this offer. $99 for the HD DVR and free installation. I told them that I would think about it and had to ask my wife. They said that they would note my account so when I called back I could get the same offer.

So yesterday my wife said to go ahead and place the order. I called today and repeated the offer from last week. The CSR says he can do better. He comes back with a free HD DVR and installation. The installation includes installing the HD DVR (two lines) as well as running a line to the master bedroom so I can move my existing H21 into the bedroom.

My installation isn't until 10/22 but I can wait and I couldn't be more pleased!

Sounds good. Remember that you just re-upped for the 2 year commitment contract when you get another box activated.

I live out in the sticks, so satellite is really my only option. Being a displaced San Diego Chargers fan, as long as D* has the Sunday Ticket, then I'll be a subscriber. In addition, they just added our locals in HD last week, so I really have no complaints.

I know that some people have had bad experiences with D* CSR's. I just wanted to add that the last couple of calls I made have been great.

I am currently receiving free Showtime for the loyalty program. I called alst week to see if I could get HBO instead. They said they couldn't change it as it is automatically programmed for what benefits I receive, but the CSR went ahead and gave me three months of HBO anyway. I also said that i was interested in adding a HD DVR to my account and wanted to see what deals or specials they had. They came back to me with this offer. $99 for the HD DVR and free installation. I told them that I would think about it and had to ask my wife. They said that they would note my account so when I called back I could get the same offer.

So yesterday my wife said to go ahead and place the order. I called today and repeated the offer from last week. The CSR says he can do better. He comes back with a free HD DVR and installation. The installation includes installing the HD DVR (two lines) as well as running a line to the master bedroom so I can move my existing H21 into the bedroom.

My installation isn't until 10/22 but I can wait and I couldn't be more pleased!

That's a swap and a relocate. One line added for the dvr and one line for the H21.

EXACTLY; I am not sure why people make such a big deal out of this; its becoming a joke!

I agree. I've re-upped so many times -- I don't care. I'm gonna be staying with D*, so what do I care if I get 2 years added to my commitment? People really do make a bigger deal out of this than is necessary :)

EXACTLY; I am not sure why people make such a big deal out of this; its becoming a joke!
I happen to agree myself, but there are also threads now and then that complain that no one told them they would be extending their contract. So it's good to at least make sure they realize this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)