Adding Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danel-ksc

Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
central florida
Been with Directv 6 years, now have Slim Line dish with Eagle 3LNB and built in 4X4 multiswitch. Have two HD receivers and two SD receivers hooked up. I have another SD receiver that I will get access card from Directv. Question--how can I hook up this fifth receiver all four leads already are connected to receivers?

Been with Directv 6 years, now have Slim Line dish with Eagle 3LNB and built in 4X4 multiswitch. Have two HD receivers and two SD receivers hooked up. I have another SD receiver that I will get access card from Directv. Question--how can I hook up this fifth receiver all four leads already are connected to receivers?

IF you really do have a Slim Line dish, you need to remove the 4x4 MS as it doesn't serve a purpose in the SlimLine set up, this allows you 4 feeds from the LNB to the rec's .... IF you need a 5th tuner, you'll need to get a WB6x8 MS.

The old MS will not allow the frequencies to pass that are required with the new set up.

Jimbo

JIMBO Reply

Thanks for the reply and info. I was afraid that the built in MS would have to go. Was hoping that a 4x8 MS could be installed downstream of the built in and would cascade.
Oh well, thanks again for your efforts.

The built in 4x4 multiswitch cannot be removed from that Slim Line dish. It's built into the LNB assembly. What you can do is connect the WB68 external switch to all four lines from the dish to give you 8 outputs.

The built in 4x4 multiswitch cannot be removed from that Slim Line dish. It's built into the LNB assembly. What you can do is connect the WB68 external switch to all four lines from the dish to give you 8 outputs.

Thanks JD,
I lost track of the thread.

danel-ksc,
Yes like JD said, the EXTERNAL WB 6x8 MS can be used to allow you the extra outputs.
The internal MS is permanent, you can't remove it.

Jimbo

Thanks guys for the info. So the WB 6x8 will cascade from the built in MS to the receivers.
Built in is a great concept for initial installation but a pain in the neck when you want to expand usage.
Have a Happy New Year!!

Danel_KSC

Installed the WB68 MS today. Works great, have three HD and four SD receivers all working 5 by 9!
Many thanks to those members that responding to my post with info, help and solution.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)