Latin America Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billsteiner

Original poster
I know this is for US issues but I could use some help with an issue that I have at my homes in Argentina and Brazil. Can anyone point me to a forum or discussion group that knows about Direct TV (Sky) in Argentina and Brazil?
I would like to use my Argentine service at my home in Brazil and would like to know if it is possible. Does Direct TV use the same satellite for both countries is the LNB the same? Can I just take the "box" from one location to the other and just connect it?
Those are the types of questions I am trying to get answers too.

Thanks

From what I was told in Argentina by a Direct TV representative, the satellite is the same but the transponders are different. But when I attach the Argentine box with the Argentine card in it to my Direct TV antenna I don't get a signal. The Brazilian Direct TV box and card work fine on that antenna so I assumed since it was the same sat. that the Argentine box and card would work.
What I am not sure of is the LNB, could it be different?

I am in Brazil now.

From what I was told in Argentina by a Direct TV representative, the satellite is the same but the transponders are different. But when I attach the Argentine box with the Argentine card in it to my Direct TV antenna I don't get a signal. The Brazilian Direct TV box and card work fine on that antenna so I assumed since it was the same sat. that the Argentine box and card would work.
What I am not sure of is the LNB, could it be different?

I am in Brazil now.
u still there

Maybe simplistic, but are you sure Dish is aimed correctly, and all cable is connected and in good shape? Is LNB in good working order? Can you take LNB, put on good setup, and get signal? Who put in dish that is not getting signal? What satellite did they aim it for?

Maybe simplistic, but are you sure Dish is aimed correctly, and all cable is connected and in good shape? Is LNB in good working order? Can you take LNB, put on good setup, and get signal? Who put in dish that is not getting signal? What satellite did they aim it for?

System is all correct. It was installed by DTV tech and works fine using the "Brazilian" DTV receiver. If I disconnect the Brazilian receiver and connect the Argentine receiver I cannot "see" any satellites. Would the LNB be different for the Argentine receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)