adding svideo or componet to the 905?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
roll2.gif

All jokes aside Fizzle, Composite video out of the 905 will look fine.

Hey Fizzle,

:up I agree with Euro on the composite video. If you want the maximum performance out of this connection spend a little money on quality video cables. You do not need $3000 in Monster cables or a $3 Walmart cable, get something in between. A decent shielded video cable will help keep that video crisp right up and into the TV! :)

Hey Fizzle,

:up I agree with Euro on the composite video. If you want the maximum performance out of this connection spend a little money on quality video cables. You do not need $3000 in Monster cables or a $3 Walmart cable, get something in between. A decent shielded video cable will help keep that video crisp right up and into the TV! :)

Here's my take on video cable. Monster is a good cable but way overpriced been there done it. What I do is make my own cables I get a good cable that has a foil and braid shield and solider my own rca plugs or S video plugs on them. Belden makes very good cable. Just stay away from those real skinny jokes. I picked up some RCA cables recently from Satellite AV when they ran there sale for $.25 cents each. They were 75 ohm and work very well. I was impressed with the quality for the price. Ended up with 8 RCA and 3 S video.

Just stay away from those real skinny jokes.

Good point!

I should correct my last post on the $3 Walmart cable... Stay away from the quality of $3 Walmart cables meaning the thin non shielded kind. Some decent quality cables are really affordable (Cheap!) like Fizzey and tvropro both posted. :)

For composite or component cables you can also make up a RG-6 cable with F connectors then use F to RCA adapters on both ends. Some dollar stores have the F to RCA adapters. (I have not tried this but many rave about this for good long run cables)
For S cables, good shielding makes a difference as the signals are very small and any noise can make a big difference. I have tried a dollar store cable and a good well shielded cable on a DVD player and saw a noticable difference in the picture.
The S video signal levels are as follows
Brightness: 1Vp-p,75ohms
Chroma: 0.286Vp-p,75ohms(NTSC)

For composite or component cables you can also make up a RG-6 cable with F connectors then use F to RCA adapters on both ends. Some dollar stores have the F to RCA adapters. (I have not tried this but many rave about this for good long run cables)
For S cables, good shielding makes a difference as the signals are very small and any noise can make a big difference. I have tried a dollar store cable and a good well shielded cable on a DVD player and saw a noticable difference in the picture.
The S video signal levels are as follows
Brightness: 1Vp-p,75ohms
Chroma: 0.286Vp-p,75ohms(NTSC)

I use RG6 with F connectors to run a secondary pair of composite video out's from my 4DTV and Pansat to my 27" Toshiba tv/monitor in my living room from my media center. It works very well. RG6 is perfect for making video cables except you can't solider the aluminum braid and must use a special set up for the ends. They make RG6 with copper clad/tinned braid over the foil. That stuff is the winning ticket for solidered ends.

how about 5 wheel barow's?

the leaves will fill in and decay, the hole will fill itself in, in about 5 years, so im not going to worry about it

how about 5 wheel barow's?

the leaves will fill in and decay, the hole will fill itself in, in about 5 years, so im not going to worry about it
maybe youll grow up in 5 years, but im sure no one on this board expects it. jeez what is your problem to think your rightfully entitled to your neighbors property? your making friends all over this board

maybe youll grow up in 5 years, but im sure no one on this board expects it. jeez what is your problem to think your rightfully entitled to your neighbors property? your making friends all over this board

I saw this post before you edited it! :eek:

I am not sure how you changed it without it showing as being edited. :confused:

The Techfizzle dude did not deserve what you had on it a couple of minutes ago!!!... :mad:

I saw this post before you edited it! :eek:

I am not sure how you changed it without it showing as being edited. :confused:

The Techfizzle dude did not deserve what you had on it a couple of minutes ago!!!... :mad:
we agree to disagee on that:cool: he sure does, i wanted to leave it but it was a bit harsh but theres no nice way of saying that

Status
Please reply by conversation.