Adding Transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4bbq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Dahlonega, Ga
I have recently loaded the latest firmware into my Pansat 2500A. The channel list was of course blank, so what I am wondering is, is it worth it to add extra transponders that are not already there?

For example, should I add all the Ku transponders for AMC1 that are listed on Lyngsat? Will it be worth it when certain games are on, etc.?

not really

Since you have a smart scan, use that. It will store the frequencies in it.

The only frequencies I have typed in are when I first got the unit.

I still havent updated my firmware, and the reason you posted above is why. I can't afford to lose 300 channels :D

I have a program called gTools (I think). Anyway, it will download the satellite channel list and you can manage it with this program! It loads into a "spreadsheet-looking" window. I love it. For example, I have all my channels listed as:

Call Sign-Network Affiliate-Time Zone

It took forever to rename all that mess, but it is sure nice to look at!

You could use this program to remove your channel list, flash your firmware with Pansat's software, then rewrite the channel list right back on. That is if it will talk to a pansat 1500. I would assume that it would?

Donno where I got the program, but it is great. I'll load it up tonight and see where it comes from and if it's a freebie, I'll try to get it to you or tell you where you can get it, that is if you want to fool with it.

Agreed... Gtools is great... it is great for organizing your channels by number.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts