5G Interference on all Transponders

Vacuum deposition, sputtering. I never found a metallic paint that had any electrical conductivity.
Window screening. Worked in a pager/cell phone repair shop with triple mesh screen rooms grounded with earth rods. That made the room 100% rf "quiet".
Hams use antennas tuned for specific frequencies. Preselectors knock out of band freqs., harmonics at the antenna.
Can't blame vendors rejecting try it, buy it, it don't work, return it filters at the L.O. coax output to the house
The LNA section of the LNBF already did it's job. It took what's barely there and amped it a gazillion times.
Where is the filtering done in Brian's units? I'm guessing before the mixer. Not at the coax connection inside the case.
Straight on 5g interference aimed into the dish, or slightly off axis towers on a fixed dish system? Rim filtering like you see on microwave tower dish antennas. With the radome and rim extensions with RAM foam lining.
You think the HOA hates you now?

Reactions: flody1 and stecle
I think you should try Titanium's suggestion from post #37

Titanium's suggestion will test 3800 to 3980 MHz. If there is terrestrial interference in that frequency range then the only way to get the mux you want would be an RF fence.
Lnb titanium will not work, since the alga RED filter filters from 3.8-4.2 then you will have the same result, I would have to try an Alga BLUE that filters from 4.0-4.2 but you should think about all that you would lose in that range.... I bought the same filters, here in Mexico does not even reach 3. 8 so I have solved the problem so far, just keep in mind the loss in db per insertion, in my case it was tremendous about 3db my 5mts antenna barely lowers what I had before without problems.

Lnb titanium will not work, since the alga RED filter filters from 3.8-4.2 then you will have the same result, I would have to try an Alga BLUE that filters from 4.0-4.2 but you should think about all that you would lose in that range.... I bought the same filters, here in Mexico does not even reach 3. 8 so I have solved the problem so far, just keep in mind the loss in db per insertion, in my case it was tremendous about 3db my 5mts antenna barely lowers what I had before without problems.
No, I think you are saying 'filter' instead of 'pass band'. The red filter's pass band is from 3800 and above. So everything above 3800 will be received.

Also, filters attenuate ALL signals outside of their pass band. If you filter out interference below 3.8 or 4.0, you also filter out TV signals below those frequencies, and no LNBF is able to receive frequencies where there is terrestrial interference, unless the interference is very weak compared to the TV signal.

Last edited:
No, I think you are saying 'filter' instead of 'pass band'. The red filter's pass band is from 3800 and above. So everything above 3800 will be received.

Also, filters attenuate ALL signals outside of their pass band. If you filter out interference below 3.8 or 4.0, you also filter out TV signals below those frequencies, and no LNBF is able to receive frequencies where there is terrestrial interference, unless the interference is very weak compared to the TV signal.
I can assure you that this lnbf Titanium even the improved one that just came out will solve this problem, I know some people in the USA that the 5G impact exceeds 3.8 so there would be no solution if you want to have tps below 3.9.

• Sad
Reactions: LocutusOfBorg