5G Interference on all Transponders

The Performance Plus LNBF is still working well for everything 4.0ghz and up. I'm just bummed that I am having issues with the FTA Weather Channel on 127w. But I did try something that does help a little. Much less errors with my Faraday LNB Cover.

Attachments

• IMG_20230820_161730488.jpg
    IMG_20230820_161730488.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20230820_165532268.jpg
    IMG_20230820_165532268.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: stecle
The Performance Plus LNBF is still working well for everything 4.0ghz and up. I'm just bummed that I am having issues with the FTA Weather Channel on 127w. But I did try something that does help a little. Much less errors with my Faraday LNB Cover.
That's pretty cool! Might work even better, IF you can ground that added foil with a wire going to a ground rod.

Is that ordinary aluminum foil? I think I still have the LNB covers but I don't normally use them.

Well, no luck at all with the ebay 5g red filter. It feels like it maybe worth 3 or 4 dollars at the scrap yard or i could use it as a door stop. What do you think? :biggrin2

Reactions: flody1
Well, no luck at all with the ebay 5g red filter. It feels like it maybe worth 3 or 4 dollars at the scrap yard or i could use it as a door stop. What do you think? :biggrin2
I think you should try Titanium's suggestion from post #37

You might also check the 1170-1350 IF with the 3700-4200 LNBF. If seeing the same terrestrial signals in this portion of the band, they are within the bandpass and a physical barrier between the downlink and the source(s) might be the best solution. This portion of the N77 band might have testing, but not cleared for licensed terrestrial use until December, 2023.

Titanium's suggestion will test 3800 to 3980 MHz. If there is terrestrial interference in that frequency range then the only way to get the mux you want would be an RF fence.

Last edited:
I scanned 113w tonight and found a lot of channels in the 3800-3900mhz band to work perfectly. Absolutely no errors. But 3900 is pretty well completely gone. 3980 is watchable for some short periods but error correction eventually loses the battle. I thought it is interesting, but the channels left in the 3800 area are likely 95% Spanish

I scanned 113w tonight and found a lot of channels in the 3800-3900mhz band to work perfectly. Absolutely no errors. But 3900 is pretty well completely gone. 3980 is watchable for some short periods but error correction eventually loses the battle. I thought it is interesting, but the channels left in the 3800 area are likely 95% Spanish
I'm hoping that they relocate their services above 4000 and increase their power level.

The Performance Plus C238 models,,,,just ordered one. Brian maybe will get it out tomorrow Want to see how it works ,,if better than reg Red C238 i have now. My corotor stopped picking up most everything before i got the c238 , so i know Brian does good work.

Reactions: N6BY
I wish I had good news. I guess power up has happened again in my area. Everything is pretty well gone again, with the Perf Plus C238. It worked about 6 weeks. But I guess I'm out of luck now. Really need a blue model, Brian *wink, wink*

As previously suggested... Have you tested to see if the interference is inside or outside of the bandpass? *wink *wink
I don't currently have any test equipment. The sudden interference from Saturday night was over and gone on Sunday. Someone suggested it is possibly testing for the next power up of 5G. I was just a tad fed up and annoyed on Saturday evening. I had a great feed I missed. I'm sure it's inside the bandpass. C band finished repack on almost everything several months early.

I like your idea and would like to give this a try with my C-band dish. I wonder if there is a spray on product that would provide the same result as the aluminum foil?