Additional Favorites???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDhysteria

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
40 miles west of chicago
Does anyone know of a way to add more favorites to the guide? 2 is not enough. I would like to make my own custom guides for different times and moods.... Such as Music, Movie Channels, HD Channels, SUNDAY NFL , etc...

Does anyone know of a way to add more favorites to the guide? 2 is not enough. I would like to make my own custom guides for different times and moods.... Such as Music, Movie Channels, HD Channels, SUNDAY NFL , etc...

The older receivers has more options for this .. the current ones, at least the HR20's give you 3 options.

All Channels,
Custom 1
Custom 2

jimbo

No offense, but you specifically mention "Music, Movie Channels, HD Channels, SUNDAY NFL". If you press Guide on your remote just once (by default) you are shown predetermined filters for just these genres.

Movie & Event Channels
Sports Channels
News & Information Channels
Entertainment & Music Channels
Family & Kids Channels
Local Channels
HDTV Channels

The SPORTS filter is a stretch for the NFLST-specific channels but it would include them...especially if you mark them as part of your favorites in one of the Custom lists, or search ALL CHANNELS with the SPORTS filter.

Take a few minutes and go through and make one Custom List the "Channels I Receive" sort of channels, then use that as your base list, then use the built-in filters to further drill down to your desired genre.

Know it's not perfect, but it works pretty well.

No offense, but you specifically mention "Music, Movie Channels, HD Channels, SUNDAY NFL". If you press Guide on your remote just once (by default) you are shown predetermined filters for just these genres.

Movie & Event Channels
Sports Channels
News & Information Channels
Entertainment & Music Channels
Family & Kids Channels
Local Channels
HDTV Channels

The SPORTS filter is a stretch for the NFLST-specific channels but it would include them...especially if you mark them as part of your favorites in one of the Custom lists, or search ALL CHANNELS with the SPORTS filter.

Take a few minutes and go through and make one Custom List the "Channels I Receive" sort of channels, then use that as your base list, then use the built-in filters to further drill down to your desired genre.

Know it's not perfect, but it works pretty well.

He actually wants more Custom listing to be available.

Oh, I got it. I was just pointing out that given the specific "moods" he was mentioning, there are already filters in place. He could use the other 2 Custom Lists for more non-provided filtering. Just saying "movies" is pretty simple and is already provided, but saying Kung-Fu is being really specific in your "moods". For those times, I just use the Search Movies (subset Kung-Fu, or Action, or Drama, or whatever). But the broad categories are already in place... :) not being mean or condescending, just hoping that this helps the OP.

exactly, I am hoping for more customs,,, example; If I filter on music using filters I get things like mtv, vh1, etc,,,, yet for that custom I would want only my favorite xm music feeds. If I do not select mtv, vh1, etc as a favorite, then they never show up on that custom, even when I want them,,,, maybe think of of this way, the same reasoning would apply,,,, There are 4 people in the house that watch satelite, each one should be able to have their own custom favorites.... 2 is just not enough

I would like to see it like my LG3200a. Hitting the favorite button brought up a grid that you could customize with your channels, with a total of 40, I think. The grid showed the logos of the stations, very nice and neat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)