Additional MPEG4 / Detroit Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
grydlok said:
Have you lined up a dish like that?

Nope, but I can guarantee if installing Directv was how I earned a living I would at least know how to do it before hitting the field.

From where my dish was installed you can see the back of four other homes with a Directv dish. I had to point out to the installer that the other dishes were pointing in a different direction than where he was trying to find the signal. To me, that's ineptitude.

I'm sure that there are excellent installers out there, from what I have personally witnessed and read through this forum, it doesn't appear that Michigan Microtech cares enough to train them.

Years ago I installed a basic dual LNB dish, so I understand that there are a few variables that need to be perfect. The 5 lnb dish I'm sure is a challenge. My issue with the installer that came out to my house was that he didn't have a clue how to deal with this new dish, I wonder if he had any training at all before being sent to my house. As a matter of fact, he went through two cell phone batteries talking to people about how to set the system up.

Well I get to deal with Michigan Microtech again. I am not getting signal on the sat at 110 degrees at all. None of my three receivers are receiving signal from that sat. It has worked off and on since the install a little less than 2 weeks ago. When I called D* they tried to tell me I owed them $80 for a service call for this. Not only am I their MP4 guinea pig, they want to charge me for the ineptitude of their installers. Needless to say, I am not paying a dime for them to come fix this...

To be totally honest most tech's do have very little training. You have to enjoy this job to stay with it long enough to make a decent living. And most are green out there. He may not have ever messed with the kaku b4. hey we only got 2 hrs on the blame thing. And the procedure they want you do go through is about like going from your pinky to your thumb via the elbow. It would be much easier to use a dual powered channelmaster and line both up at the same time. The procedure was made up by engineers with NO field experience i am sure. I hope you get fixed soon.

br16 said:
I'm sorry to hear about your problems getting set up Satjay. It is unfortunate that the only game in town is Michigan Microtech, it certainly appears that they know they are the only choice.

I had my install through Michigan Microtech last Saturday, I wasn't at all impressed with the installer, but fortunately everything is working for me. As I'm sure that you know from this forum, the HD Detroit locals are up and running fine (2, 4, 7, & 62), the fact that they can't dial them in just shows their ineptitude.

I know that since Detroit is the beta test market, that there will be growing pains. Maybee I'm too critical.

No, you are not being too critical. When I upgraded to the Triple LNB/H10, it took 5 tech visits, 3 moves of the dish and numerous phone calls to get it right. It is right now in terms of reception, but I have 3 coax's running from my house to the garage with TWELVE connectors in various places holding the coax together as the tech refused to run solid line. I am not one to be harsh, but Michigan Microtech has been less than acceptable when it comes to installs/upgrades. After hearing all this, I am so glad I wasn't able to upgrade the MPEG-4/5LNB/H20 yet. They would've messed that up too.

LOL...Well they are coming back on saturday, the tech this past saturday called and said due to darkness he could not make it. and went on to say he did not know why I was not getting my local fox 2 station. I told him well I dont know why either so do i just go without fox two in HD. anyways I HOPE another tech comes out this saturday and not this unintrested tech!!. I am sorry, this new dish is not the easiest. But there is no reason I should not be getting all my HD channels. Then he tries to tell me about channel two having problems over the weekend. reminded him that this pixil issue has been goin on since the last time he left and BLAMED the channel........ENOUGH ALREADY AND FIX IT...sorry, I am not usually like this, but I have no patience for excuse makers and no show Techs!

One person on this group who is not a “certified installer” did his own home install of the new dish and reported it’s a cinch. This last post makes it sound like a piece of crap. What’s the real deal with installing the new dish? Are there any more trained installers who want to comment?
Bob

satjay said:
LOL...Well they are coming back on saturday, the tech this past saturday called and said due to darkness he could not make it. and went on to say he did not know why I was not getting my local fox 2 station. I told him well I dont know why either so do i just go without fox two in HD. anyways I HOPE another tech comes out this saturday and not this unintrested tech!!. I am sorry, this new dish is not the easiest. But there is no reason I should not be getting all my HD channels. Then he tries to tell me about channel two having problems over the weekend. reminded him that this pixil issue has been goin on since the last time he left and BLAMED the channel........ENOUGH ALREADY AND FIX IT...sorry, I am not usually like this, but I have no patience for excuse makers and no show Techs!

Well, say a little prayer for me. I am expecting Microtech tomorrow. For some reason my dish keeps losing signal on the sat at 100 degrees. It is back working today after being off a good part of the weekend. $20 says it will be working when they get here and they do not do anything...

I contacted Directv today to discuss my inablilty to get the local FOX 2 in HD. I discussed with her, that even though a tech is coming out on saturday. He informed me that he did not think there was anything he could do. So I asked what my options were. Well at this time she informed me that she would put in for waivers under "Special circumstances" dont know if that was BS or something they have.

Anyways, she told me I would find out in 30-40 days. and she thought due to a Tech saying it would be a no go and the dish not picking it up(I find this crazy) she noted it and it looked good...So what the heck, we will see what the tech says saturday and we will see down the road what happens with waivers.

Ok...Just an update..The weirdest thing, now my fox is coming in fine...After a week of Pixils..Its now coming in????

Well, all of my HD locals are gone now. I had trouble with Fox 2 all day last Sunday, and the other HD's were coming in and out. I figured it was due to the wind since we were having 50 and 60 MPH gusts.

Everything was back to normal on Monday night, but I just returned home from being out of town on business for a couple of days and I have the Searching for satellite signal...(771) box on all four HD channels.

All of the SD locals are fine, and the HD package channels are fine as well. I know that it was very windy again yesterday, maybe something has been knocked out of alignment. I live right off of an open field, so I get a lot of wind. I hope this dish isn't going to have these problems with wind all of the time the thing could double for a main sail in a pinch.

I have an appointment this Saturday for Michigan Microtech to come out and take a look. That should prove to be interesting, I was hoping I was done dealing with them.

Hey Br16,

You haven't mentioned anything about this "New" system, that you have... Is this a "New" HD Receiver, what model, and what other steps have you taken to trouble shoot your system??? Is this the "New 5 LNBF System"???

I thought my issues were over as well..As my Fox local HD was not coming in...A few days ago, it was coming in and I thought all my issues were done......But this morning my local NBC is not coming in HD..I acually cancelled my apoitment with michigan microtech. I needed a break from hearing "were trying hard, but just cant seem to get it in" Hopefully my local NBC HD channel will pop back in soon just like my fox HD did..Pretty sad, but I am done waisting my weekends waiting for microtech, not only for them to be late but to make continued excuses..

Or hopefully my waiver request for East cost HD feeds will come true!!!

I was having horrible lip-synch issues with WJBK (Fox-2) in HD yesterday. I had to switch over to the NY HD feed.

Doctor Bob said:
Hey Br16,

You haven't mentioned anything about this "New" system, that you have... Is this a "New" HD Receiver, what model, and what other steps have you taken to trouble shoot your system??? Is this the "New 5 LNBF System"???

Doctor Bob,

Sorry, my system specifics were in another thread. I have the new H20 HD receiver with the new 5 lnb dish. I live in the Detroit area, so I'm part of the beta test. Originally I got the MPEG4 hd locals perfectly, but as of now they are all off.

Every other channel works, so I know that my connections are good. The 103 transponders all show 0 signal, but the other sats have a strong signal. That's about it for the trouble shooting. Michigan Microtech is due out tomorrow afternoon to take a look.

br16 said:
Doctor Bob,

Sorry, my system specifics were in another thread. I have the new H20 HD receiver with the new 5 lnb dish. I live in the Detroit area, so I'm part of the beta test. Originally I got the MPEG4 hd locals perfectly, but as of now they are all off.

Every other channel works, so I know that my connections are good. The 103 transponders all show 0 signal, but the other sats have a strong signal. That's about it for the trouble shooting. Michigan Microtech is due out tomorrow afternoon to take a look.

Those of you that are getting your locals in HD in the Detroit areas - when they are working do you notice the sound clipping very briefly every 20 - 30 seconds? It drives me nuts.

what software version are people using? My history shows an upgrad of software version 000A on the date of install...

adawg said:
what software version are people using? My history shows an upgrad of software version 000A on the date of install...

then thats the latest version

then the sound clipping very briefly every 20 - 30 seconds problem
is on directv's end side.

People can try to call directv tech support dept. and notify them of the problem and have them look into it on their side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts