Adios

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sawmkw

Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
After almost 3 years of HD DirecTV I finally quit. For the last 6 months I have not been able to get HD channels on my Hughes HD receiver and have received NO help from DirecTV. I have waited on the phone for 1/2 hour only to be disconnected; have been told that a technican would call but never did; have been told they cannot help me. I finally pulled the plug and went back to cable and it works ALL the time, even in storms and cloudy weather. DirecTV is awful and I'm glad to be rid of them! :yes

First post? All these problems with no mention of what setup you have? No questions?
Looks like a "cable bait" hate post to me. Just here to stir trouble. I have been a D* customer for nearly 10 years and have rarely had as much as a CSR issue (even though they out-source) There isn't enough room here to talk about the ungodly problems I have had with cable.

Notice the classic cable talking points about a dish not working in bad weather. My D* never goes out. It stayed on through hurricane Isabel.

There seems to be a lot of these D* hate posts today. Users that are registering today, with 1 or 2 posts. Must be because of all the great D* news coming out of the CES.

eyekahn said:
Notice the classic cable talking points about a dish not working in bad weather. My D* never goes out. It stayed on through hurricane Isabel.

When I Installed we were getting around the 94 mark. the one clear day this week i had 100 on just about everything (thanks enforcer)

When it was absolutely puring it stared on. Local cable went out more than D* and E* combined.

Ceas2182 said:
Go to dish network, there customer service is better.

Okay lets get the facts strait here. what are you basing that dish is better CS on?

The 9 months I had dish I spent hours maybe even days on the phone with Dish just trying to get hardware issues settled.

In the week Ive been with direct Ive called 3 times. once was activation once was a Concern about registering on their website (apparently christopher doesnt fit) and then the problem with my HD receiver. So far the hold times have been cut basicly in half and I havent been hung up on (happened on every other call with Dish).

I have to argue my perspective. Please tell us why you think dish is better.

Ceas2182 said:

It must be the pipe that makes you think this. Please put it down. Been with D* since the early 90's and have never encountered the problems that you or the original poster has encountered.

Well this is very disappointing. I had hoped my landmark 1,000th post would be full of technical bliss or some profound knowledge. However, It appears I'll have to settle.

sawmkw said:
After almost 3 years of HD DirecTV I finally quit. For the last 6 months I have not been able to get HD channels on my Hughes HD receiver and have received NO help from DirecTV. I have waited on the phone for 1/2 hour only to be disconnected; have been told that a technican would call but never did; have been told they cannot help me. I finally pulled the plug and went back to cable and it works ALL the time, even in storms and cloudy weather. DirecTV is awful and I'm glad to be rid of them! :yes
Don't let the door hit ya, where the dog should have bit ya! :p If you really think for one second that cable has anything over satellite be it technological, customer related or service levels you have read noting on the topic in the last 7 years. I agree with charper1 where he states "First post? All these problems with no mention of what setup you have? No questions? "

Ceas2182 said:
So says JD Power ... but what do the real customers say? ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts