Adventures in Dish Hunting 2009

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I went back to that auto/scrap yard in Shelton, WA today. The owner was there and I ask about the dishes and other componentis. He said he was a Ham and was saving the dishes for the Shuttle Mission to Mars. He and other Hams can track NASA missions and receive the telemitry from the space craft. The dishes are very good for that with difference LNB stuff. Everyone to their own hobby. Right!!

He said I could get an actuator and any of the LNB/feedhorns. As it turned out all the LNBs were just C band and none of the feedhorns were Corotors IIs. I took a pass on them but selected one of 3 actuators but it turns out they are all the same length and type as I already have for the current solid dish. I only gave him $20 for it since I didn't want to leave empty handed. The full extended ram has about 20" travel and won't move the solid dish to it's potential limits. I think my VonWiese is about 10" longer, I think. but it would be over kill on such light dish. (sorry, just thinking out load) (allowed to do that at 72)

Steve

The wife and I took the "scenic route" home from a dinner date yesterday and we went by a now Amish farm which had a diamond shaped BUD in the yard - obviously from a previous owner. Never seen one quite like it before and she was getting tired of the scenic route so no chance to get a picture. I keep telling her I'm going to have a BUD sometime though she isn't too keen on the idea yet. She'll come around though, just like she did with computers, internet, cell phone, FTA KU dish ...............;)

Here are some dishes I found today. All came from the same person, his grandson got them from one of the local schools. The 2.8m dish got bent around the edge as you can see in the pic but it did have a chaparrel C/KU feed on it and a monster actuator. Not sure what the other two dishes are but with a little research here on satguys I am sure I can find them.

Attachments

• sanders.jpg
    sanders.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 129
  • feed.jpg
    feed.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 116
  • feedbt.jpg
    feedbt.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 127
  • small1.jpg
    small1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 114
  • small2.jpg
    small2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Here are some dishes I found today. All came from the same person, his grandson got them from one of the local schools. The 2.8m dish got bent around the edge as you can see in the pic but it did have a chaparrel C/KU feed on it and a monster actuator. Not sure what the other two dishes are but with a little research here on satguys I am sure I can find them.

hilsat, I have seen a twin to that white dish (in the 4th pic) on the roof of my daughter's school, always wondered if it was for the Channel One feed?

Nice CM dish and Saginaw(?) actuator also!

This is the dish I was telling you about yesterday. Its not a 12' dish like he thought but I will keep my eyes out for one. Yes it is a Saginaw actuator.

hi -- to all at sat guys u.s. -- my first post here -

the dish in that you can see the back of in pic 4 - and front of in pic 5, is a 1.2 metre Channel Master - or more recently known as Andrews --
i have the 1 metre version and the 1.8 metre version -- they are very good quality fibreglass dishes

regards nelson_b

Last edited:
Picked this 10 footer up today, came with DSR922 with good ID. Anybody know what it is and have one like it. The guy had taken some parts from the lower side of the mount. Would like to have a picture of the mount to see what is missing.

Thanks
hilsat

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 152
  • mount2.jpg
    mount2.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 113
  • mount1.jpg
    mount1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
The dish looks like a old SAMI the 4 LNB struts are the same that SAMI uses for there dishes

Spotted a solid 8 or 10 footer on the roof of a business,,,,called the place and they told me that the owner is on vacation and will return next week,,,,,but he confirmed that they have not used it in a long time,,,,will try and get a pic and post it today,,,,,,,,,good possibility to get my hands on it,,,,

Here are a few pics,,,,for sure it's not a 6 footer,,,it's either an 8 or 10 footer,,,,,looks like a heavy baby,,,

The LNB is weird looking,,,

The guy told me that this business use to use this dish in order to get a direct link for the financial market when it use to be in Chicago,,,

Would this be a good grab ???? if they want money for it,,,how much maximum wld you pay ???

They told me they will call me next week,,,

Cheers,,,,

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 132
Yet another one!

I just scored a Perfect ten mesh dish and a President anolog reciever. It looks to be 8 foot and has a c and Ku feedhorn on it. My channell Master dish looks identical, were they made by the same company?

I just scored a Perfect ten mesh dish and a President anolog reciever. It looks to be 8 foot and has a c and Ku feedhorn on it. My channell Master dish looks identical, were they made by the same company?

When it rains, it pours!
Nice score.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts